Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:38:58 PM EDT
Update on your cousin ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
William has made some great progress in just the last few days.

Last Thursday they tried to replace the piece of skull removed to allow Will's brain room to swell.  When they got him in the surgical theatre they decided to hold off on the surgery.  Kind of seemed like a little setback.  Then they tried to remove him from the respirator and found he wasn’t able to breathe on his own yet.

Finally we were told he had an infection in his lungs that was troubling the doctors and also still had a high fever.

It was not the best of news, but he was holding his own.  

Friday and Saturday were more of the same.  No real changes.

Then Sunday morning they again tried to remove the respirator.  This time William was doing great without it, so they left it off.  A couple hours later his temperature was nearly normal and his lungs were clearing up.  He even started to move his right arm and leg.

Last night he ate his first food since the accident.  They are talking about moving him sometime this week to the Sheppard (IIRC; sp?) clinic over by Piedmont Hospital.  It is a longer-term rehab therapy center.  

Right now things are looking much better.  We did find out that part of his brain was removed in one of the first surgeries.  This was the front part that controls speech, memory and behavior/personality.  Only time will tell.

Thanks much for all thoughts and prayers.  This has been a very difficult time for our family.

Mark

Great news Book.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
We will continue to say our prayers for your cousin and your family.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been afraid to ask.  Glad to hear he is doing better.  We'll keep ya'll in our prayers.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope all continues to go well, my friend.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]
More prayers sent!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I wil say prayers for him and the family.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top