Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 5:43:18 PM EDT
I have finally graduated from college and about to get the first job soon, and I'd like to apply for 03 curio/relic so that I may get WWII vintage arms.

I live in Alpharetta, Fulton County, and who may be my CLEO?  Who do I call to find out?  Should I send the copy of application to both Sheriff in ATL and Police Head in Alpharetta just to be on the safe side?

Thank you for your inputs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
if you are in the city limits of Alpharetta not just the mailing address you are better off getting the Chief of Alpharetta to sign it.  I hear the Sheriff wont sign and neither will the DA, I dont know about the Chief of Fulton County PD
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be wrong, but...

I don't think an 03 C&R requires a CLEO sign-off. You just have to send him a copy of the paperwork as instructed.

If the CLEO has a reason to stop you from getting a license he has to contact the ATF with a good reason (felonies, restraining orders, DUIs, etc.) They can't call up the ATF and say they are afraid of being blindsided come election day, or the guns MIGHT get stolen and so they are worried...

I haven't bought anything yet since the deals are rare, but you get a discount at a few of the retailers like Brownell's and Midway.

I'm thinking about picking an unissued condition M59/66 SKS and maybe an 8mm mauser since the ammo is so cheap. I need another gun like I need another hole in my head.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
For a C&R, you send one copy of your form to your local Sheriff or Police Chief and the other to the ATF with the money.   You are not obligated to have to get the local Sheriff or Police Chief's signature.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the replies.  Although my subdivision is not really included in the city of Alpharetta (homeowners association decided to keep out of city limits due to tax purpose), I'll just go ahead and send the copy to my local police chief

I'm itching for that 7.92mm, hmmm so economical to pour down the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top