Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:39:20 PM EDT
The population growth and shift in demographics is forcing a move in the near future.

I have a friend in the Dublin area and I recently stayed with him for a few days and fell in love with the area. This move would also put me within 2 hours of my mother in the Savannah area. She's still in very good shape, but the time will come when she will need my help.

By my estimation I can sell my current house and rental props to have enough money to buy 80-100 acres and build a house that will be paid for or atleast close to paid for.

OK, any thought or opinions on this big move or the Dublin area in general?

Does anybody know if you can get a CLEO S/O in Laurens Co.?

TD
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
if you do move you can drive about 50 minutes  south and come shoot with me at a private range
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They have some great beer and pubs....oh wait, that's the other Dublin.  

We used to stop at the HoJo's at the I16 exit on the way to Savannah when I was a kid.  That's all I know 'bout it.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to work in Dublin and still have friends there. I love the area and hope to leave Macon for nearby Bleckley County over the next several months.

Oddly enough, people in Dublin seem to look down on the "small" towns nearby (as if Dublin were "big").

Just looked at the map. Looks like Grayson is in Gwinnett. Yeah, move to Dublin. Now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The tract of land I'm currently considering is not in Dublin. It's in Dexter very near the Bleckley County line. I've got to get out of this shit hole called Gwinnett County. I grew up on a farm in a small town in N. GA and I've got to get back to that way of living.

TD
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Dexter is relatively close to my place in Bleckley.

If you're not crazy or anything, let me know when you move there and I'll take you shooting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, i'm way beyond crazy, but I'll look you up anyway.

I hope to have plenty of room to shoot on the propery I'm looking at so I'll give you an invite.

TD
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you're not crazy or anything, let me know when you move there and I'll take you shooting.

Betcha know where Rebee is then, huh?
Part of my family's farm is in the "suburbs" of Rebee!
Did you go to school in Bleckley?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Betcha know where Rebee is then, huh?
Part of my family's farm is in the "suburbs" of Rebee!
Did you go to school in Bleckley?

Yeah, the metropolis of Rebie. I had totally forgotten about that place. Wow, that really was in the back of my mind.

Unfortunately, went to school in Dodge. Wife went to Bleckley.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
When did she graduate? I did in '89.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When did she graduate? I did in '89.

'91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top