Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 6:41:46 AM EDT
Hi Y'all -

I am new to Cobb Co (actually not new but have been away for > 6 years) and I am looking for good ethnic restaurants. I know that there are lots of them on Buford Hwy, but that is such a long way away.

I am looking mainly for Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese.

Thanks!
A
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Umezono on the corner of 41 and Windy Hill is bar-none the best Japanese restaurant in Metro Atlanta. It is in the shopping center behind Boomers.

Chan's is a Zagat-rated Chinese restaurant on 41, across from Best Buy.

Vietnamese is pretty much on Buford Hwy.

Il-Mee is a great authentic Korean restaurant located at 1000 North Cobb Parkway, near 41 and Canton Hwy.

Hope that helps. If there is one thing that I do well, it is eating.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Chainsaw. I'll have to try out Umezono and Chan's

There is new growth of Chinese and Vietnames in Jonesboro...but I am not sure if that is not any closer than Bufor Hwy.

A
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a Mexican place just north of Hot Shots gun range, across from the DUI school/bailbondsman on Austell & Windy Hill. Little English spoken but the food is good and authentic.

I like the 32acp holes in the windows thrown in for ambience. I haven't been hassled eating there during daytime.

There are some decent chain type ethnic food places around, if you're into that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Il-Mee is a great authentic Korean restaurant located at 1000 North Cobb Parkway, near 41 and Canton Hwy.

Ooo...I'll definitely be checking that out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top