Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 1:09:00 PM EDT
The family and I will be in metro Atlanta on Sat. Oct 1. Wife to hit the thrift store on Lawrenceville Hwy, and me for the Eastman show. I'm considering bringing along the results of my months long project to create an A1 type lower out of a current type A2 type Rock River lower. It's done now, though I'll be stripping the finish in a month or two to redo in a color closer to the odd shade Colt A1 upper it's mounted on.

If any of you folks are planning to be at the show, and are interested in seeing what it's possible to do to create a correct appearing A1 clone, I'll bring the thing in. Since I don't figure the average gawker at a show knows, or cares about A1/A2 differences, it'll only be worth it to me if I know that some of you AR lovers will be there.

If a few of you post that you'll be at the show, and are interested in seeing it, I'll post how you can recognize me, and bring the piece
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't go, going to be in NYC area that weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be at the show. I wouldn't miss that one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's the show?  Gwinnett??   I might have to go.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where's the show?  Gwinnett??   I might have to go.

Yup. Gwinnett.  I'm pretty sure it's their biggest. I know three or four vendors who only go to the Gwinnett and Cobb shows and skip the rest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably be there Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Could someone look for a Springfield Armory Garand Operating Rod?

Mine's bent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't you have a hammer to straighten it out????
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't you have a hammer to straighten it out????

Sorry I didn't go to the bookhound school of gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Road Atlanta that day.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be at that gunshow, just not sure which day though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I guess I'll bring it.  Should get to the show between 12 and 1 on Saturday.

You can spot me by looking for a 6 footer, 30 lbs. overweight, with a full beard and hair both silver/white. I'll be wearing a tan boony hat that doesn't exactly look like the US model.  It'll have three funny scribbles on the front brim, which are the Hebrew letters for IDF.

And, of course, I'll have a slung AR on the shoulder. It'll probably have a sign stuck on saying  NOT FOR SALE.

If you spot me, please come up and say hi. I'm really a very friendly guy. See ya all on Saturday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top