Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 1:02:02 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone here has been to the Range at  Wilson Shoals WMA lately??

I'm debating on weather or not to make the drive to it.

Does anyone know if  that Little, Skinny ass, Goof-ball range officer still works there?  
If you have been there while he was "working" you will be left with a lasting impression.... and I don't mean a good one.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You do know he was a Navy Seal sniper instructor in Vietnam right? He trained Army Special Forces in sniper skills and was Hathcocks spotter before the CIA took him to train for an assassination attempt on Castro in the Bay of Pigs.

He was wounded when he was on Reagans security team. Hinkely shot him in the head before he took aim at Reagan.

He's been working as a Gang task force one man team at Walmart to curb gang theft of curb feelers.

He does FBI consulting as a hobby when he's not running the Wilson Shoals Range on the weekends.

Can you tell I'm a big fan?

Beware of WS on the weekends. Our area's finest come out on the weekend.

I only go there right after work during the week, until deer season draws near. When deer season is close, it's too risky for me. Too many hunters only shoot their gun to sight in, and then if they see a deer, and then the gun goes back in the case. They, as a rule just aren't safe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
this really does have the potential to turn into one of the funniest hometown threads,if only wwe had a pck of this guy so we could photoshop him like the looter dude...........
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite with this guy is these two young guys showed up at the range with a Rem 870 and a single turkey target. I figured they were going to pattern the shotgun for turkey season.

Know-it-all comes over to give them intsructions.

He takes a few minutes just to rack the slide, feeds a round in, shows them "the proper stance", (not the position you might be int while turkey hunting or anything), and he proceeds to balst their target. I was at the next bench to the left, just watching while my barrel cooled.

He shoots their target, gets that big confident "Damn, I'm good" grin, and walks away after giving them that "that's how it's done boys!" look.

These tow kids just look at each other like someone just took a crap on their sandwich, and walked back to their ride and left.

2nd favorite is I had a nice SSR85C AK. I typically always leave with a full mag of anything I carry, just in case, for the ride home. I was done shooting for the day, and as I wlk past him, he asked about it. So I let him take a look, and he tells me about how he used them in Nam, in Cambodia, etc. He asks if he can take a couple shots.

I tell him yeah, so he pulls the mag out, stick it in crooked and gets it wedged in (if you have an AK, you know how this happened). He's stuggling, so just as I reach for it, he yanks it out-no harm no foul, it's an AK after all.

He racks the bolt and loads a round and steps up to the line next to a dad and a couple kids. They had set up balloons to shoot at the 25 yd line with their .22s.

He cuts loose from the hip with my AK on these kids balloons. Misses the first several rounds, and finally starts hitting a few and popping them with debris from the low hitting rounds. He empties all 30 on these kids targets. I looked at the dad and he's just speechless-

The guy hands the AK back to me and says, "that shoots pretty good!" I just took it and headed out of there.

What a winner.

Next time I saw him I was shooting my 10FP and he started my way. Advised me on how to shoot better (my groups were right around .5" for 5 shots) by putting my left hand pointing finger over the barrel, just in front of the scope. To shut him up, I tried it for one round-nothing special-big surprise. He walks back and says- "oh, o.k., you don't need any advise you already know it all". I just said "Yup!", and he walked off and left me alone.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I only shoot their on week days and never had the pleasure of meeting him, but is he the one that cleans the out house? It's a very nice range to shoot at. In Pa. I shot at one range that had no roof, no benches, in the mud and had to pay to use it.    
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
One time he showed me his new Greek Springfield Armory SAR-8.  After talking to him and asking him about an US made internals,  I noticed the German Stock and forearm, making it an illegal configuration.... I said "nice gun"...

FNGfromGA out
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
He tried to give my father in Law instructions on how to shoot a Garand.  FiL was a Combat Engineer in the 50's and 60's.  

That guy is a pure bred Jack Ass.  He went to pick up my FiL's Browning, a pristine 1968 Belgian .308.  My FiL says, and I quote, "That's just about far enough sonny!"  The guy looked at him like he just shot his dog.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
"The guy looked at him like he just shot his dog."hisMan what a wack job picking up possesions of others without asking is just plain rude....
sounds like a grade A a$$..
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the place except that it is only 75 yards or so.

I learned to ignore the "ranger".

People WILL walk downrange while others are shooting.  I have been known to say nasty things to those who do this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:39:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#12]
My friend and I call him "Uncle Hulka."

My best story about him is...He had let me shoot his M1A Socom but when he racked the slide to load it, he did not let the slide go forward hard enough and the bolt did not lock into position. So, when I fired the gun, the hammer struck the bolt and did not fire the round. He pulls the gun out of my hand and promptly proceeds to swing it around, sweeping the entire half of the range with it. A couple of guys next to us dove for the ground.

He is a complete idiot and does more bad than good.

He does have some very nice guns however.

A
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My best story about him is...He had let me shoot his M1A Socom

I've shot that weapon.  He wanted to shoot my Super Match M1A....I let him.  He can't shoot for shit.  He proceeded to crank on the rear sight...to "dial it in for me"!  

I had to take the gun from him.  Yep...you guessed it....I shot his other dog.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#14]
He always tells people who fire off too many shots consecutively that "this is a sighting in range" and then promptly fires of a long fast burst himself.

If I live near there, I would volunteer to be a range officer as well. Maybe then I'd be able to put him in his place.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad i'm not the only one who's encountered that dipshit of a range officer.  He grabbed hold of my glock while I was shooting to give me pointers.  If I would have pulled the trigger it probably would have chopped his thumb right off.  I pointed out the fact that the reason I wasn't hitting the 25 yard berm was because I was tagging an old milk jug out past the 75 yard line.  I'll take pointers from a moron like that when I see him out shoot me with any type of weapon.  Avoid Saturdays that's when he likes to show up.  He's also not a DNR Officer of any sort he just likes to play pretend.  If he shows up I know its time to leave, I hate when someone thinks they can just walk up and start screwing with my guns.  Don't touch my guns without permission period.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I noticed that this Goof-Ball was wearing a badge one day.  I was Shocked
I was thinking ...Please God, tell me he is not some type of  law enforcement Officer.

So, I got closer look at the badge.... Here it is below

I could not believe anyone would wear a badge like that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, and he drives a psuedo-police cruiser (I think it's a mercury) and has a DNR and FBI hat in the back window.

You know the feds always ride around with their FBI hat in the back window.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#18]
A fellow shooter at Wilson Shoals witnessed Uncle Hulka firing one off while the range had been called cold.  I see a trend in these posts.......

bzgbob
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone I met at the range told me the exact same thing,  but I was not there to witness it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#20]
has anyone actually seen a wma officer there while this guy was doing the rangerbobmallninjacrossinggaurdhallmonitorcaptainsafety impression???????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top