Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 9:39:20 AM EDT
Its official, the Performance Carbine class is scheduled for November 12th & 13th at the South River Gun Club in Conyers, Georgia.  Here is some quick information concerning the class.

Performance Carbine Class

This is a new twist on the traditional rifle class.  It will blend IPSC 3-gun rifle speed shooting techniques with the practical and tactical use of the M-4 carbine.  The goal of this class is to significantly increase the ability of the student to minimize threat engagement times and maximize your critical hit potential.  Emphasis will be on Close Quarter Battle (CQB) techniques.  Engagement distances will vary from contact distance to 50 yards.  This is not an introductory rifle class.  This is an advanced level class.  Students will be expected to have their rifles zeroed and all ancillary equipment setup and ready to go.  If you have doubts about your qualifications for the class, please contact me and we’ll discuss your situation.  Some of the topics covered are:

- CQB Philosophy
- Proper, real world mindset
- Legal issues and concerns
- Discussions of various CQB rifle configurations and accessories
- Optics
- Back-up Iron Sights (BUIS)
- Reloading techniques (Emergency, Tactical)
- Proper CQB weapon mounts
- Sling selection
- Various hand held and rifle mounted lights
- Speed shooting techniques
- Confined space shooting techniques
- Transitions to second and third level weapons
- Failure Drills (Threat and Optic)
- Low-light target engagement (night-fire)
- Low-level weapon retention techniques

Several other important topics will be covered.  This will be a two-day school lasting 10-12 hours per day.  Approximate round count for the class will be 1200 rifle and 300 pistol. Cost is $325 plus $25 dollar range fee.  Class size is limited so please register early.  If you have any other questions or would like to register for the class, email me and I will get you a class announcement and a registration form which contains all of the class information and requirements.  Thanks for your interest and I look forward to seeing some of you in the class.

Thanks,
VSP
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a project going on that will prevent me from attending.
I am very interested in taking a class from you and was wondering if you might do another one early next year?

ARH

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
ARH,
     I'll probably try to schedule another one in the spring.  Due to the nightfire part of the course, I have to schedule the class prior to daylight savings time in April, so look for another one sometime in March.  

Thanks,
VSP
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ARH,
     I'll probably try to schedule another one in the spring.  Due to the nightfire part of the course, I have to schedule the class prior to daylight savings time in April, so look for another one sometime in March.  

Thanks,
VSP

The Camden shoot is scheduled for the 18th-19th of March right now. We are trying to get them to change the dates since there are no hotel rooms available.
Looking forward to the class.
Thanks

ARH

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like to attend this class but i refuse to support SRGC.

Untill they decide to fully recognise the Second I refuse to recognise them.

They have a nice facality which I visited several years ago but for some unknown reason they refuse to allow select fire weapons on thier property.

FYI: I support SRGC's right to prohibit full auto weapons on their property since I hold private property in the highest esteme, but I don't argee with thier stance on this subject.

Rant off
TD
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
treedawg,
         If it makes you feel any better, I have to pay the range rental fee so the only person you're directly supporting is me  If you change your mind, let me know.

The class is filling up nicely, but I still have a few slots left.  It looks to be a good group of guys.

VSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top