Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 6:33:51 PM EDT
I need to send some lead downrange and I'm off tomorrow  (9/16). Anybody want to meet somewhere? I don't want to drive 100 miles so I've thought of going to Autry's or Advanced Bullets, or West Point WMA. Anybody else got any ideas? I know there's a range in Douglasville too but I can't remember the name.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget Ashby Street and the rest of the West End!

Have fun. I have to work or I would join you.

Accountant
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not Ashby St anymore. Now it's Joseph Lowery Blvd. I guess they had to rename it for some more of their upstanding citizens.

Oh, and I went to bed at 0300 and didn't get up until 1100, so much for going shooting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're off another Friday, the Dekalb County Police range is a pretty good one.  $7 dollars for range time and 1 dollar for spotting scope rental.  200 yd public range, what else could you want?

Oh it's only open to the public on Fridays, and their phone number is 770-484-3046
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Delta,

When did they open up that range to the public, again? I thought that Vernon Jones biaaatch closed it to the public 4 years ago??

Accountant
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't know but I went there last Friday for an hour and had a good time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you're off another Friday, the Dekalb County Police range is a pretty good one.  $7 dollars for range time and 1 dollar for spotting scope rental.  200 yd public range, what else could you want?

Oh it's only open to the public on Fridays, and their phone number is 770-484-3046

Do you provide your own targets or do they??

What is the location / address so i can Mapquest..

Thx...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, i guess it's a good thing that I didn't get up and go somewhere to shoot. My Avalanche had trouble cranking so when I got it cranked I drove it to my mechanic's shop and the crank sensor has to be replaced. That's another $250 down the drain.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you provide your own targets or do they??

What is the location / address so i can Mapquest..

Thx...

They provide targets (6 red white sqare targets).  I don't have an addy, if you call the # directions are provided on the voice message, but the easiest way I can describe,

Take 20E to Exit 75 (Turner Hill Rd/124) Go South, it will turn into a 2 lane rd shortly.  At the first stop sign after it turns into a 2 lane rd, turn left.  Approx 1 mile there will be a sign on the road that says Dekalb Firing Range.  Turn right (it's the only direction you can turn), and it's .5 miles on the left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top