Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 10:57:29 AM EDT

To celebrate my 1 week annniversary of being officially unemployed, I went shootin!!

Worked up a bunch of loads last night from 22gns to 26gns and had a ball shooting them.

I posted my results here if you care to take a gander linky

400 rounds .223 through the AR15
150 rounds .22LR for my Remi 552's
150 rounds .22LR for my Kimber .22LR conversion slide (I love that thing)
100 rounds .45ACP with the Kimber as she should be, I just installed the new Wolff recoil spring, Stock Number 32725 (it's called something, escapes me now) MUCH better performance, you can sure tell!

Went to CB for breakfast and Hooters for lunch. Damn, I kinda like this jobless thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
w00t!  Going back again this Sat. myself.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
WooT indeed!

Maybe I'll see you there.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WooT indeed!

Maybe I'll see you there.

I'll be the one sighting in an Imbel FAL, with a big grin.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Well hell, I got a damn job and I start Monday.

Once I'm really liking this jobless thing, GaTech calls me today and says come in Monday morning, it aint right.

I guess it beats panhandling.

Back in the workforce after 9 days of unemployment, not bad.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
So that means no shooting?  Dude get your priorities right!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats gilfrd,

I am glad to hear you are back in the world of the employed. too bad your hiatus was so short.  Hope you enjoy it.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congrats gilfrd,

I am glad to hear you are back in the world of the employed. too bad your hiatus was so short.  Hope you enjoy it.

Jim

Same here!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#8]
You'd think every unemployed person in this country could get a job either bailing water in NO, cutting up trees in Helen, or picking up trash/ building scrap from any of the gulf states.

Sorry- I couldn't resist ending my day of ranting on this thread.

I went shooting today too.

Springfield SAR3 restamp+ new Springfield Milspec+ Beretta Storm 9mm+tannerite= WooT!!

In case anyone would care- some wierd stuff happened. We were up in the mountains at my super secret squirrel shooting spot. We see this van at the end of the road that I saw there a week before the Cobb Co. gunshow- in the same place, so I didn't think much about it-just figured someone had come back to camp in the same spot.

We go shooting. I'm putting the first mag through my Milspec when I hear what I thought was casing hit at my feet. Weird, I thought, it must have ejected straight up. So I look at the "brass" and it's not brass afterall, but one of the previously fired bullets-a semi wadcutter 200gr. It landed right at my feet. Some wierd kind of ricochet. The bullet has rifling marks, but doesn't have a mark on it. Noscratches, no mushrooming or nothing. So it goes in my pocket. I just "dodged a bullet".

So we leave, and drvie past the white van again and I see it's from Dekalb County. Weird. This is a very rough road. It takes a moderately capable 4x4 and some skilled driving to get up here, and here's this two wheel drive van. So I look at the tires and there is evidence of mud spatter from the last rain. This is a utility type van with the cage in the back. So I take down the tag number. I called the local sheriffs office to let them know. I figure it wa stolen and taken up there to pillage the stuff out of it, but there is no vandalism as one would expect, and it wasn't torched to cover up fingerprints either. Just left there from what I can tell. No sign of anyone around aside from other 4wheelers driving through.

Weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top