Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 5:34:55 AM EDT
Well, so far so good for the trip.  I wish I knew a way to post pictures so I could show you guys the places Ive been and other good stuff.  This place is really different though.  Beautifull beach and then you walk right into ghetto land without even realizing it.  some things are beautifull while most others are just so poor.  All in all its pretty nice but I wouldnt never come back here for just pure vacation.  I swear if there was any place that I felt I needed my Glock 19 more its here.  Last night there was a shooting right outside the appartment were staying at.  Couldnt seem to find my gun though.  

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know things are good here in Brazil.  And if anyone tells me how to post pictures I will.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Are any of the pictures BOTD?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Upload pictures to Tinypic.com copy the 'img'  link it gives you and paste that puppy in a thread. Simple.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
can you do me a favor?  

Can you pick me up a shot glass from Brazil?  I'll pay you back and shipping for it.

Can you pick me up a hottie?  I'll pay you for her and the shipping when you get back?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And if anyone tells me how to post pictures I will.

Try www.imageshack.us. You can upload for free.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
can you do me a favor?  

Can you pick me up a shot glass from Brazil?  I'll pay you back and shipping for it.

Can you pick me up a hottie?  I'll pay you for her and the shipping when you get back?  

I'll pay the shipping AND handling charges!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, so far so good for the trip.  I wish I knew a way to post pictures so I could show you guys the places Ive been and other good stuff.  This place is really different though.  Beautifull beach and then you walk right into ghetto land without even realizing it.  some things are beautifull while most others are just so poor.  All in all its pretty nice but I wouldnt never come back here for just pure vacation.  I swear if there was any place that I felt I needed my Glock 19 more its here.  Last night there was a shooting right outside the appartment were staying at.  Couldnt seem to find my gun though.  

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know things are good here in Brazil.  And if anyone tells me how to post pictures I will.

Where in Brazil are you?  Rio?    

I'm afraid you would need more than a simple Glock.  Druglords there use HKs, ARs, ÜZIs and so on.
And the freaking government now forbids any law abiding civilian to buy any gun, hence the "Iraqui environment" you are probably feeling.   Watch your 6 wherever you go, mostly if you go out at night.

Other areas/states are not so bad because local government is not so corrupt or incompetent.

Be safe!

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Freakin A Rossi, At this point Id settle for a damn .22 even though it wouldnt be enough.  Then again I need something heavier for the US Embassy because once again Law Abiding Citizen (Myself) Gets it right up the ass by our lovely goverment.  My wife and son will not be returning with me because the Consulate here for the US is a jackass.  Im so pissed and Ill have a very long post about it when I get back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Freakin A Rossi, At this point Id settle for a damn .22 even though it wouldnt be enough.  Then again I need something heavier for the US Embassy because once again Law Abiding Citizen (Myself) Gets it right up the ass by our lovely goverment.  My wife and son will not be returning with me because the Consulate here for the US is a jackass.  Im so pissed and Ill have a very long post about it when I get back.

Where in Brazil are you?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Im in Rio De Janeiro.  Went to Buzios for 3 days when I first got here.  Buzios is definatly a fantastic vacation spot and I would recomend Buzios over  Hawaii any day.  Rio De Janeiro reminds me of a really poor Chicago that has a beach.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahem...pics?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
belize and honduras are the same. randon marcenaries/militia are abundant with assorted assault rifles, even in tourist districts. i fear we will eventually end up in similar straits one day.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Im in Rio De Janeiro.  Went to Buzios for 3 days when I first got here.  Buzios is definatly a fantastic vacation spot and I would recomend Buzios over  Hawaii any day.  Rio De Janeiro reminds me of a really poor Chicago that has a beach.

If you like SCUBA diving try Angra dos Reis.   It's south the coast of Rio, wereas Buzios in in the north coast.   Water is alsmot transparent as air over there.

Rio used to be a nice place but latest elected politicians that do not differ from some liberals and democRATs I see here literally destroyed the city by granting all rights to criminals whereas honest citizens were deprived from guns and even knives.   Actually, if a honest citizen kills a criminal even in his home he will face all sorts of charges and will likely go to jail whereas the criminal is a "victim of the society".   Even the police has its hands tied and ammo is tightly controlled and policemen have to explain each fired round.    Actually, the criminals made a "sport" killing policemen in ambushes. Imagine Rio as the US in the future if the liberal scum wins.   There's a long time I do not recommend anyone going there and, on the contrary, keeping distance.    To make things worse even the federal government decided to support anti-gun laws and other liberal laws that are dragging the country downhill at alarming rates.  

The south is more decent.   Not sure about how much time you have to spend but you will find better conditions in the southern states.    If you have time and like beaches try Santa Catarina and a beach called Camboriu.   The place is safer than Rio also.

Feel free to write if you wish to exchange ideas or hints of where to go and not to go.

Cheers!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top