Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 8:33:13 AM EDT
Thought the sign said closed Sundays, anyone shoot there on Sundays? Any problems from rangers?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#1]
not open on sundays.
last time i was there never encountered a ranger.
i have seen him cruising the roads though.
i think its alot more laid back than c.e. or w.s.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
not open on sundays.
last time i was there never encountered a ranger.
i have seen him cruising the roads though.
i think its alot more laid back than c.e. or w.s.

So, in your opinion, is it a bad idea to go tomorrow? I wonder how much the fine is if the rangers show up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry for replying back so late
it is never a good thing to go to a wma range, when it is not open,and use it for shooting.
lots of charges they can pile on you for being there if they wanted.
my opinion is not to risk such a venture ever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Back a year or so ago when I went, I thought it opened after noon on Sunday to keep the noise down for churches.  I could be wrong, or things could have changed since then.

Of course, it doesn't matter all that much now, since I'm posting this on Monday night, but it'd be interesting to find out for the future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
it is WAY more laid back than C.E. but since i live near C.E. that makes it almost 100mi away
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know if you swung by and found out for yourself, but last time I was there, which was a Monday, the ranger showed up rather annoyed at my presence and started in asking me "was I aware the range was closed completely on Sundays?!?".  I couldn't help but laugh to myself and respond that I was indeed aware of that, which seemed to put him off a bit, probably getting ready to write me a ticket (punk shooting a AK on a Sunday, perfect ticket fodder...) before I pointed out that it was actually a Monday, apparently he lost a day there on the weekend.  Took a few seconds and repeating the date and he apologized and left rather embarrassed I think.  Hope he wasn't drunk or something, lol.  But anyway, that was about a year ago, don't know if it's changed since then.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I decided not to risk it. It's just so hard for me to get up there during the week, and Saturday is packed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top