BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 1:03:39 PM EDT
www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/0905/06katrape.html

Woman: Assailant claimed to be storm evacuee

By DON PLUMMER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 09/06/05

An Acworth woman was beaten, raped and carjacked early this morning by a man who she said told her he was a storm evacuee from New Orleans, Acworth police said.

The woman said she was attacked as she left her home about 7:45 a.m., said Officer Wayne Dennard.

"The man attacked her as she walked out onto her front porch," Dennard said. "He beat her and sexually assaulted her before forcing her to drive to a bank where she was to take money out of the ATM for him." Instead, the woman ran inside the bank and the man escaped in the victim's 1988 gray Honda Accord LXI, Georgia license plate AQA 6269. The hide-away headlights on the vehicle are stuck in the up position.

"He told her that all of his family had been killed in the storm and that he had taken a bus to Atlanta and he was going to take what he needed," Dennard said.

The man was described by the victim as a black male, about 6 feet, 3 inches tall, Dennard said.

Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call Acworth police at 770-794-3111.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Chicago went through something similar when the projects were closed down and the inhabitants moved out into residential areas.

Guess its time to have a talk with the wife about personal security again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Guess its time to ake the wife carry the ak around again
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:43:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It's an 88, so isn't that the body style that looks like the old preludes?

I need to get my woman up to the courthouse  for her carry permit. Then to the range to fire her S&W 36 that she's never shot.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#7]
saw a spot on the savannah tv station the other night.   couple was begging for money around I95 in savannah and told people they were evacuees from NO.   cops looked into it and they were just con artists.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this surprising, considering the majority of what was "evacuated" from NO?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Does that mean she could've been raped by "possible local man"?  This all sounds like a bit of wishful thinking to me....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
A citizen shot dead a car jacker on 41 in Acworth.  The car jacker beat up the woman driver then their vehicle got into a wrench with a cement truck killing her.  Police are investigating the possible connection between the car jacker and the earlier rapist.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The report from the AJC is incomplete but it looks like two motorists stopped to help, the first after noticing the 'alledged rapist' beating the kiddnap victim out in the open.  After he tried to flee the scene of the collision, a second bystander shot & killed the man as crossed the road:

Woman, alleged carjacker killed near Acworth
Truck hits vehicle; witness shoots fleeing gunman

By MIKE MORRIS
Published on: 09/12/05
An apparent carjacking victim was killed Monday morning in north Cobb County when her sport utility vehicle was broadsided by a cement truck. The suspected carjacker was then shot to death by a bystander when he tried to run from the wreck scene.

About 9:30 a.m., a motorist northbound on Cobb Parkway noticed a white Toyota SUV pulled over to the side of the southbound lanes just south of the Lake Allatoona bridge, said Cobb police Cpl. Dana Pierce.

A man was beating a woman outside the SUV, and the northbound motorist stopped his vehicle and started across the four-lane roadway to help the woman, said Pierce.

The suspect then pushed the woman back into the SUV and took off, with the doors to the SUV still open. A short distance later, the suspect tried to turn left onto Lake Acworth Drive, and a northbound cement mixer struck the SUV in the passenger's side, killing the woman, Pierce said.

Pierce said the suspect exited the SUV and was running toward a nearby gas station when he was shot and killed in the middle of the roadway by a man who had gotten out of a southbound Dodge pickup truck.

Acworth police spokesman Wayne Dennard said his department is investigating the possibility that the man killed Monday morning was the suspect in a Tuesday rape.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
If charges are filed against the citizen that capped this piece of shit, I will be the first to donate to his defense fund.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Pierce said the suspect exited the SUV and was running toward a nearby gas station when he was shot and killed in the middle of the roadway by a man who had gotten out of a southbound Dodge pickup truck.

Good. The shit should've had his nuts fed to him first though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If charges are filed against the citizen that capped this piece of shit, I will be the first to donate to his defense fund.

Another example of how "evil" guns are.  I'm sure the liberals will twist it to their benefit.  Need more citizens willing to help another in dire need.  Hope he don't get crucified by the local DA.  Good job!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this the same story?

How could a woman, killed by a concrete truck, tell police anything?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#16]
that was the original vics story....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Is this the same story?

How could a woman, killed by a concrete truck, tell police anything?

Acworth is small and peaceful and very pro-gun, as in many men carry. Not a lot of car jacking goes on. Twice in one week is unheard of.

I don't care if it was the guys first car jacking, he ate lead a little too late but in the end he got his dessert. His short life and early demise will illustrate to the other assholes, tweekers and malcontents that the gangsta lifestyle doesn't pay acceptable dividends.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#18]
The man that shot the car jacker was not just a "witness", he was the victim's BROTHER.  He actually followed them from where she was carjacked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The man that shot the car jacker was not just a "witness", he was the victim's BROTHER.  He actually followed them from where she was carjacked.

Even more justification for his action.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Not sure if this is true.  Updated article from the AJC:

---------------------------------------------------
Mom, suspect killed in carjacking, shooting

By DON PLUMMER
Published on: 09/13/05
Kimberly D. Boyd took her son to preschool Monday morning, then dropped by a bank before heading to her office in north Cobb County.

Minutes later, her routine was shattered, and sometime before 9:30 a.m. she was struggling for her life with a carjacker as her Toyota Sequoia raced south on U.S. 41. The kidnapping ended with the 30-year-old Acworth woman dead and the carjacker fatally shot by a passer-by.

Boyd died instantly when her SUV was broadsided by a cement truck, police said. Within seconds, the man driving Boyd's car was also dead — shot by Shawn Roberts, 31, who had seen Boyd fighting the man and followed the car, police said.

"She was fighting for her life," Roberts, who lives in Acworth, told WAGA-TV.

Roberts told police he was driving north on U.S. 41 about 9:30 a.m. when he saw a man beating a woman outside the SUV, just south of the Lake Allatoona bridge. He stopped and turned around on the four-lane road to help the woman, said Cobb Police Cpl. Dana Pierce.

The carjacker pushed the woman back into the SUV and took off, with the doors still open. Roberts followed about two miles to Lake Acworth Drive, where the crash occurred, Pierce said.

As Boyd's car turned east on Lake Acworth Drive it was struck by the cement truck.

Witness Bobby Williams said the truck had just started away from a traffic light and was traveling no more than 10 mph when it hit the SUV.

Williams, owner of A2Z Auto Service at 4356 North Cobb Parkway, said he saw Roberts get out of his 2004 black Dodge Ram pickup and run toward the accident scene wearing a leather shoulder holster.

"He looked official," Williams said, explaining that he thought Roberts might be a plain-clothes police officer. "He hollered at [the carjacker], 'Stay where you are. Stay where you are.'"

The carjacker ran toward a Raceway gas station on the corner and Roberts chased him. He told police the man turned a gun toward him, and he had to do something.

"I shot and killed a man today," Roberts told WAGA-TV. "I don't feel good about it, but if I hadn't have done something somebody else would have died."

Williams said he heard at least four, perhaps five, gunshots.

"He [the carjacker] was five feet in front of me when he got hit," Williams said. "On TV, all that flailing around that goes on is not what happened. He dropped like a sack of potatoes."

Monday night Cobb police identified the dead man as Brian Clark, 25, who has family in Acworth. Police did not say whether Clark lived in the area.

No charges were filed against the cement truck driver, who was not identified.

Police questioned Roberts, who they said was not an off-duty officer, before releasing him without filing charges.

"All I can say right now is to offer my condolences of the family of the woman," Roberts said when reached at his home Monday night in Acworth. "I'm postponing any comments just for a few days," he added, saying he was acting on legal advice.

Boyd's family could not be reached Monday.

Police are still unsure where the carjacking began, Pierce said. They are tracing possible routes from Allatoona Truck Rental, the business Boyd operated on Cherokee Street in Acworth, according to public records. Police said she left her office shortly after arriving there Monday morning. The first 911 call on the crash and shooting came in about

9:30 a.m.

Police also were investigating the possibility that the carjacker's gun had been taken in a robbery, rape and carjacking in Acworth last Tuesday, said Cobb robbery squad Lt. Tom Arnold.

"We're looking into that and whether the suspect in this assault is the same as in last week's attack in Acworth," Arnold said.

Acworth police spokesman Wayne Dennard said his department also is investigating the possibility that the man killed Monday morning was the suspect in a rape last Tuesday.

In last week's attack a woman was assaulted as she left home and was forced inside, where she was beaten and raped before being forced to drive to a nearby bank to get money from an ATM, Dennard said. The woman instead ran inside the bank and her assailant drove away in her car, which was later found abandoned, he said.

Late Monday, Boyd's SUV was driven on a flatbed into the Cobb crime lab impound building next to the medical examiner's office where the bodies of Boyd and her assailant were taken, Arnold said.

Fingerprints were taken from the dead man Monday, Arnold said. Autopsies on Boyd and the man are to be conducted today. Police will compare the dead man's fingerprints and DNA to evidence recovered from last week's attack, he said.

Staff writers Clint Williams and David A. Markiewicz and staff researcher Nisa Asokan contributed to this article.
-------------------------------------------------------

-imo looks like we have a righteous shoot by a good samaritan. Only part that might get him was the foot chase.  Lets hope he can stay out of civil court.  Sounds like the good guy is saying all the right things ...  I'll be interested to hear what he really wants to say
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Nope, he was not her brother.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I live just down the road from twhere this happened and my wife and frequently stop where this happened.

I came out of the woods this morning from  hunting and there were cops scurrying around like squirrels.  Seems a hunter stumbled upon a black Tahoe in the woods near Alatoona lake...could hardly even see it.
They had to chop their way into it.  SUV's been missing since last Jan and is suspected to be tied to a prior car-jacking that this jack-off did last year.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh well. Scratch one POS I have to worry about harassing my wife and kids.

The guy that shot him probably saved GA a million bucks trying/incarcerating that garbage. They should waive his property taxes for the year and send him a pallet of JHP.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I live just down the road from twhere this happened and my wife and frequently stop where this happened.

I came out of the woods this morning from  hunting and there were cops scurrying around like squirrels.  Seems a hunter stumbled upon a black Tahoe in the woods near Alatoona lake...could hardly even see it.
They had to chop their way into it.  SUV's been missing since last Jan and is suspected to be tied to a prior car-jacking that this jack-off did last year.

Seems like it happens every hunting season that hunters find bodies,guns and other evidence from crimes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#26]
story is he did the other crime. gun ties him to it. dna still out for total confirmation.

i also heard from someone (second hand) and this is first time i have heard this.. that the woman was shot twice BEFORE the cement truck wreck and that she might have already been dead....

the guy told the other woman when he rapped her he was a NO evacuee with nothing to loose... but he was a local acworth criminal...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top