Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 3:46:38 PM EDT
I have a "blued" Kimber that I fitted an Ed Brown grip safety to and blended the ambi safety to match. I found out the hard way that the frame and small parts are stainless steel. No problem...my buddy does black oxide finishes.

Well, the frame came out looking like GI grey parkerizing and the ambi safety did not color at all!

I called Kimber and asked about getting the frame and ambi safety refinished. If I had paid them to install the grip safety, they would have refinished all of the parts to match. Kimber will be happy to refinish my frame,however, they do not refinish "small parts".

Who does good black oxide finishes in the atlanta area?

Thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
macon

http://www.adc-ga.com/

they may be able to provide local contacts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top