Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 12:09:41 PM EDT
Just got word that they are asking for people to go to Covington, LA to help get our switch going down there.  They said they won't know anything definite until next week.  I volunteered to go.  If I go, we will convoy down in company vehicles....but they don't know what we will do for fuel.

It's all up in the air.  They said we could not get anywhere near there right now.  Covington is just north of Mandeville, which is right on Pontchartrain.  It appears to be right off I-12.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Larry, are you a Telco guy? i used ot be with BS and ive been trying to get in touch with a friend at the slidel LA central office to no avail. be safe man.

P.S want me to hold your Garand collection while youre gone?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Larry, are you a Telco guy? i used ot be with BS and ive been trying to get in touch with a friend at the slidel LA central office to no avail. be safe man.

P.S want me to hold your Garand collection while youre gone?  

No touchy my Garand!   Yeah, I am telco.  BellSouth for 15 years, Nortel for 6 years, and now VZW for 3 years.  I sure as hell miss the traveling that I was doing with Nortel.

The details are very sketchy, so I don't have any travel plans yet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for the cable company here, not sure i want to say who, but they asked for volunteers of us as well to go over. Not sure when or where we are going. I'm just a service tech, no bucket truck, so i will only be running drops. We already have some system techs on the way there to see what needs to be done before we go. I've been to Monroeville,Al. after Ivan and it was a mess then.

Wherever you go, be safe. My sis the nurse is making me go get a check up and shots before i go. Not a bad idea after she brought it up. Especially around the flooded areas. We learned that here in 94 with the bad flood we had.

Good luck to you and be safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top