Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 8:04:30 PM EDT
A couple of days ago I agreed to trade with wera265 for some items. After careful consideration I backed out of the deal three days in advance. To complete the deal we both would have had to drive two and half hours to meet in Knoxville, KY.  

Now he is pretty much bashing my name on his ad for the same item. URL listed below if yall want to check it out. It's not like I agreed and didn't show up to complete the deal. I gave him plenty of advance warning that I didn't want to trade. He has only been a member since July of this year so I'm not sure if he knows the rules.

I contacted the moderators about it to at least remove my name from his ad.

Honest opinion yall....do you think I was in the wrong to back out of the deal if I had reservations that it wasn't a fair trade? Now that my name is being bashed for everyone to see, I feel like I should've just let this guy drive all that way and had been a no-show.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=292747
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
A deal is a deal!!!!

If you didn't like the terms you should have thought about that before you agreed to them.

You asked..........

TD
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like sour grapes on his part. He may not be pleased that the deal didn't go through, but you didn't leave him hanging. If he mentioned that you backed out in the post, that's one thing, but he put it in the title. That's immature.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
He is probably mad because he thought he was going to come out ahead.  That is a pretty good ways to drive for a trade.

Did you tell him you felt it wasn't going to be fair deal and not worth the drive? Did you just email or talk on the phone?  

You did "back out" to protect your interests, but I dont think he needs to keep putting your username in all his bumps and throughout the post.  It shows a lack of class on his part.

ETA:  Is there really a Knoxville KY, or where you going to meet in my old hometown of Knoxville TN?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm man enough to admit I am wrong about backing out of the deal. And I was man enough to say 'hey, i can't go through with the trade'. I've been involved in one trade here where I showed up and the guy didn't and it pissed me off to no ends. But I didn't air it out for eveyone to see in the Trade forum.

I appreciate yall's input.  Oh yeah, you are right there is no Knoxville in KY, it's in Tennesee.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]

I do think the guy is acting childish with the way he is handling it.

Definitely agree with Book on that.

With these dang gas prices; 2 1/2 drive costs a lot.  I think you giving a 3 day notice was good.  You never know.  He could have been a no show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top