Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 5:52:18 PM EDT
Book,

Any idea of how many members made it up here to the ATL that are in need of assistance?

Do they need donations to be able to afford to stay in local hotels??

Do they need donations to the Red Cross (money, blood, ect.........)?

Book, what can we do to help those that made it up here??? Please, let us know!!!!

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I am willing to help out, possibly with a place to stay, for any Arfcommers that are up here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Way down here in Albany, i heard on a radio station that as far as stuff going over to help out were 3 things in order, 1 Cash, 2 Blood, 3 volunteers. Now that was for getting supplies to the areas that need it. Not sure about the ones that made it locally.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent a "sum" to the Red Cross.

Everybody please donate.

Accountant
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I will donate blood again to the Red Cross since they are pretty much the main source of blood even though I know it won't make it to NO, but will stay here in Atlanta since we are one of the cities that usually has to recieve blood from other areas to meet our cities needs.   That is another topic though.

I am donating directly to families that I know have been affected and could use the money and will put it to good use.   I don't feel right giving to one of the organizations knowing that my money would mainly be going to those same people that are looting and tearing NO apart because they were supposedly oppressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top