Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 2:28:41 AM EDT
gunshow article

Interesting.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:10:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Kinda sounds like a test to see how it would be received. Also, if someone might get hot headed and resist, it could receive a nice media twist to start pushing for legislation.

If this does become SOP, I hope that instead of us shying away from shows, that we will collectively flock to them. Strength in numbers, ya know.

I'll have to head for he NRA site to see if they have anything on it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to call BS on this one. The logistics would be alomost impossible and to think that the federal, state, and local government could coordinate like this is implausable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have to call BS on this one. The logistics would be alomost impossible and to think that the federal, state, and local government could coordinate like this is implausable.

Having all three branches located so close to DC makes it a lot easier. There is documented evidence of SOME of this happening, but not all of it like the visits to neighbors.

Good thing the government is wasting time entertaining these follies. Its not like there's an illegal immigrant crime wave going on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

From what I understand background checks are done differently at their Gun Shows which would make pulling this off fairly easy.  Apparently all dealers drop off background check forms at a central location, then pick them back up in a couple of hours.  I've never been to a Gun Show there so I don't know if this is true or not, it's just what I've read, but if true it actually wouldn't be hard to pull off.  It would be extremely difficult to pull off in Georgia since they do the checks right there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#6]
This is why you need to build all of your rifles: ar's, fal's, ak's & 1911's from blanks. Do not have to bother with the reg. process and it's legal! Keeps the ATF on their toes
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Currently, the FBI is doing the background checks. There is a new 800 number( actually 877 number) you use to do an instant background check for NICS verification. I can do this with my cell phone, your phone, pay phone, etc... I am also set up for e-checks on the internet, so that is why this whole supposed ordeal boggles my mind and I don't buy it.

Not for nothng, thisis the reason I don't normally transfers for people without carry permits in Georgia, especially a second transfer. I might feel sorry for some poor sap the first time that might not know any better, but I take the opportunity to enlighten them on getting a carry permit at that time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#9]
NRA news has been covering it.  They had an interview with the people who run the gun show too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top