Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 5:17:14 PM EDT
Is there someone locally (Metro Atlanta area) that does BATF Compliance Engraving on SBR's?  I am expecting to get my Form 1 Tax Stamp soon and need to get my lower engraved.  There is someone here on ARFCOM that doe it but that person is in Minnesota and I would really like to get it done here in GA.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated,
MadDog
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
..........................did not see the GA. part sorry
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have gotten mixed responses from folks on the phone at ATF on this issue. Some have told me I need my name engraved with location and others on the phone have told me that if I'm converting an already manufactured lower to an SBR that is already marked with a mfg and location then all that has to be registered is the original serial number. One individual actually told me that if I was manufacturing that I would have to submit plans specs and pictures of the lower. I took that to mean from a rough casting.....he was very short on the phone. Seems to be what I run into every time I talk to someone. And it seems that every time I question them,the response I get is "this is how it needs to be done" which of course is the way they tell me. Then I read the internet and get conflicting info and call back with another different response and attitude. My hope is that we don't have to engrave anything.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as someone that can help you get engraving. Call West GA Tactical(WGTi) in Carrollton. They are an awesome machine shop with engraving capabilities. They also have some bad ass shit to look at while you're there. He has one awesome target system he is working on out back.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
00bullitt,

Do you have a phone number for West Georgia Tactical?  The only number I can find is for the range that holds IDPA matches and other shooting events.

MadDog
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you do corporate or prints thar in Georgia?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Corporate.

MadDog
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
West Georgia Tactical,Inc.
3775 West Highway 166
Carrollton,GA  30117
770-836-1291

Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top