Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:51:59 AM EDT
Three soldiers from 48th die in accident

By JEREMY REDMON | Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 02:41 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Three soldiers from the 48th Brigade Combat Team died in Iraq Monday when the vehicle in which they were riding drove into a canal, military officials said Tuesday.

The three, all from a Douglasville-based detachment of the 1st Battalion, 108th Armor Regiment, were part of a convoy conducting a night mission at the time of the accident, which occurred at 3:45 a.m. Monday.

The soldiers were identified as Sgt. Thomas Strickland, 27, of Fairplay, and Spc. Joshua Dingler, 19, of Hiram and Spc. Paul Saylor of Bremen.

Let's keep the families and friends of these fallen heros in our thoughts and prayers. To be willing to give your life for your country at such a young age is to be honored. This is really hitting the  Paulding/Douglas County area hard.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes sirs, 11 soldiers prior to these 3.  

God Speed Warriors

48th BDE, Queen of Battle.

Jynx
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I found out yesterday that a son of one of the attorneys here in Newnan was killed Sunday in Iraq.

From "The Times Herald"

Mike Stokely killed in Iraq

When Spec. Michael "Mike" Stokely departed May 15 to serve in Iraq as a member of the 108 Cavalry Unit in the 48th Brigade Combat Team, he knew he might have to make the ultimate sacrifice, and he still willingly went to serve his country, says his father Coweta County State Court Solicitor Robert Stokely.

Stokely knew the moment he received an official call at 7 p.m. Monday night telling him to answer his front door that he would never see his son alive again.

Prayers go out to Mike and his family.  

I just found out that mike was killed early tuesday morning when he stepped on an IED.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Real American Heroes.

Thanks to them for taking the fight to the enemy, instead of the enemy bringing it here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
They brought Josh Dingler's body home this evening.

I have never felt so proud and so sad at the same time. I did not know this kid, but it felt like everybody that lined the roads into town knew him. It was very impressive to see so many strangers show up to wave and wear their red, white, and blue. Maybe there is hope for this country, afterall.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top