Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 5:11:58 PM EDT
First the good part.

This is a target for my 10FP .308 Savage with the Super Sniper scope.  The middle one is getting it zeroed, the lower left is for grouping:

Another target same rifle and scope:

The 110FP .30-06 Savage with the same Super Sniper.  

The 110FP .30-06 using a Leapers Accushot SCP3-3124A0MD with side focus/parallex 3-12x40 scope that some would call a POS.  I think it does alright:

This was done using Georgia Arms ballistic tip hollow points 150 gr in both calibers.

Now for the bad:

I shot until 1815 and a fellow and his son drove 2 hours and had been there about 20 mins when the rangers showed up.  He sermoned for a while and asked if 2 "gentlemen" had not said something to us about 1800 shutdown.  Apparently, the 2 "gentlemen" went aquealing to the rangers like a couple of school girls.  After it became apparent that he was gonna write a ticket, I told him to quit calling them "gentlemen" and I had a few other names for them.

Here is the kicker..........the ranger is a fucking liar.  Last Saturday, I packed up at 1800 at loaded the truck.  There were about 6 guys on the pistol range still shooting and they said the ranger told them that it closed at 1900 now.  There was no ranger to be found to verify this, so I just left.  I mentioned this to the ranger and he said he was there last Saturday at 1800, which is an outright lie.  I called him on it and he still maintained that he was still there at 1800 last Saturday.  I stopped short of calling him a liar to his face, I will save that for the DNR head and the judge, if necessary, but I insisted several times to him that he was NOT there at 1800 last Saturday.  To my amazement, he still insisted he was.

I stopped at the visitor's center on the way in yesterday and asked the ranger at the desk about it and he said he wasn't sure.  Of course, the ranger that came by at 1800 tried to tell me I didn't go by the center.  What an arrogant, lying ass and he is basically calling ME a liar.

I have had rangers at other DNR ranges tell me that if he was closing at 1800, he was violating department policy, so I am going to the head of DNR on this and find out just what the hell they are doing at CE.

I know, I probably shouldn't be pissed, but this guy's attitude and insisting that he was there last Saturday was just too much.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he just didn't like the fact that you were shooting Georgia Arms ammo.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe he just didn't like the fact that you were shooting Georgia Arms ammo.  

Mmmmmmmmmmm, could be.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:50:33 AM EDT
[#4]
This sounds like the asshole that everyone has been running into.  Probably the same guy that gave the tickets to the WWII vets 6 months ago.

There was a thread last year where someone contacted the DNR Director, and he said he wanted specifics on problems with lying/arrogant rangers at CE.   Anyone still have a link to that thread?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From my thread tacked at the top of the Hometown...

"Just got off the phone with Lisa at the DNR office. Their number is 770-784-3059. Per Lisa, hunter safety cards are NOT required to use the shooting ranges.

Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday from 10:00 – 19:00. These are the shooting times; you can setup before 10:00 and cleanup after 19:00."

This was the info I got from Lisa at the DNR office in May of last year.  You might want to call that office to complain.  Did you get the ranger's name??

I am sure it's on the ticket.  Was that info specifically for CE?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I just talked to Lisa.  She said the 1800 deal is recent.  I also spoke with a captain, who gave me the name of the assistant director.  I will be calling him shortly.

Anyway, how bout those targets.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Completely useless.  They are full of holes!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Completely useless.  They are full of holes!  

Damn, I thought something was amiss.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Larry,

Was the new closing time posted?  Promenently, as in "This is new, reed and heed."  Or was it just fine print on their obscure sigh.

When is your court date, need some moral support?  Maybe a bunch of guys in cammies and shooting jackets.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
It's posted on the yellow sign as soon as you pass the fence going onto the range area.
The last time I went a few weeks ago, I was in the middle of load developement when an old timer who collects brass mentioned what time it was and that I ought to be careful because they'll ticket you. I stopped shooting and cleaned up and never paid attention to the sign until I was leaving (I always ASSUMED that closing was at 1900).
I've never seen a ranger out there yet, but I'm sure the day will come. At least now I'm aware of the hours.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot at CE about 2-3 years ago W/O incident. I haven't been back since then and never will due to all the horror stories I've read here. It doesn't sound like they want people to use the range or is no more than a revenue producer?

TD
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]
NOW they change the hours to 1900!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I have never had a problem there even with Ninja Rangers present.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have never had a problem there even with Ninja Rangers present.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Well, bully for you.  I never had a problem until last Saturday either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, went to Jasper County Courthouse this morning and plead not guilty.  Now I wait until I hear from the DA on a new court date.  Turns out I could have called in the not guilty and then waited for the DA to contact me.  They are real laid back down there.  The Probate Court is just a small room behind the clerk's office.

The judge is a mid-40s blonde and she is kinda cute, so the trip was worth it.

I also filed a complaint against the ranger for lying with the DNR assistant dept head.  Probably do no good, but I will have it on record.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top