Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 4:37:52 PM EDT
I've heard bad things about trying to get a Form-1 signed off here in Gwinnett county.  Has anyone had any experience either good or bad concerning?  Who should I see if the sherriff will not sign off?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't live in Gwinnett (thank God) but I hear from the guys that do that it's damn near impossible to get a Form 1 signed there. Maybe a resident knows different.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured, I have an apartment here, but own a home in Henry.  This being the apartment I stay in when I work up here in Duluth, it is a bit more convenient.  But if these folks won't sign, I will have them sign in Henry.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
you can get a form 1 signed off for a MG, but nothing else.  You're going to have an easier overall time incorporating.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand why you would need a form 1 for a machine gun.

Details?

TD
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't understand why you would need a form 1 for a machine gun.

Details?

TD

Doh I meant Form 4

Basically if you want a CLEO signoff in Gwinnett, you're only going to get one for MG's.  Forget AOW SBR DD and Supressors
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
My NFA dealer told me that he knows Sheriff Conway signed off on a form 1 several weeks ago. I guess it's hit or miss these days but atleast we have a chance for him which is more than I could say a year ago.

I've got a HK-94 that I've been thinking about SBRing for my HK sear, but it's no biggie if he won't sing form 1's. I'm just happy he'll still take care of my form 4's.

I miss the days when I could walk in Danny Porter's office and watch him sign my form 4's. After singing for years he decided he wasn't going to sing any more form 4's. I went in there with a pair of form 4's when he gave the bad news. He even refused to sign the forms I had that day. I can respect the man's right to change his mind, but he could have taken care of the forms 4's I had that day then informing me of no more in the future.

TD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top