Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 11:53:39 AM EDT
Can anyone in the Marietta area remove and reinstall an AK-47 barrel from the trunion?  I'd like to rivet my Romy kit together and need some help with the barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Try calling David Mcdonald at Adventure Outdoors. 770-333-9880. He a good smith, and if he can't he can probably recommend someone.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Remove the barrel from the trunion?  Why don't you take the trunion and temp screw it into the new reciver, and check headspace from there?  Just trying to save you some work and $$$.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
As I understand it,
the headspace on an AK is controled by the barrel/trunion relationship.
If you don't remove the barrel from the trunion,it won't affect headspace.
I don't think you have to remove the barrel from the trunion to do any AK build,but I could be way off on that.
Tony at M & M has just done one for himself,and was looking into doing them for other people:

http://www.mandmgunsmithing.com/
Tony Mashburn
M & M Gunsmithing
489 Pomana Circle SW
Atlanta GA 30315
404-210-1199

You can go to the FALFiles and see his posts on building his own gun.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140055
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#4]
   Thanks for the info guys, I called Adventure Outdoors along with several other shops and no one knew of anyone who could remove and reinstall my barrel, so I had to go out and buy another tool , a 12 ton hydraulic press.  That thing removed the barrel no problem and the links you've provided will help in reinstalling it after I install the rivets.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Awww,
Go ahead and admit it,you just wanted an excuse to buy a tool..............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top