Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2005 9:02:51 AM EDT
So the Accountant, in his infinite wisdom, has 2 dump truck loads of dirt delivered yesterday morning. The Tool Rental place drops of the New Holland skid steer, biggest one they had, yesterday afternoon.

Whoooo!

Gonna play with power tools this weekend!

So the Accountant, skips out of work early to go play with his newly rented toy. Taught myself how to drive it in about 5 minutes. This is fun! The digging begins. I get a 15 foot long, and a 6 foot wide, and at its deepest point 5 foot trench dug in about 2 hours.

Oh, shit! I hit the water table....................and things go down hill from there. Get the New Holland stuck......I was able to use the bucket to extract my self............ok, screw this.....Its getting dark. I will start again in the morning.

Saturday morning:

Get up at a decent hour, no sleeping late for me when I have a turbo diesel to play with. Pump out the water and begin to fill in the hole a little so I can drive across.

It begins to rain, shit!

A few minutes later, shit, shit, $^&^*&%&^$&^%&^, damn New Holland is STUCK! No bucket extraction for me.

Ummmmm, honey can you drive the truck and give me a pull. She starts to laugh...........ummm, no honey, get your ass in the truck and give me a pull. After a few good yanks, appropriately timed with using the bucket extraction method, and full speed reverse.

It's out!!!! Whooooooooo!

F#@#$#^%king rain! Ruined my fun this weekend and now I have this hole and mounds of dirt in the backyard that I can't do anything with! F!$%#$$%king rain!

At least it will piss off the neighbors.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Building a pool?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he's diggin hole to fill with the new dirt.
J/K
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think he's diggin hole to fill with the new dirt.

J/K

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I spent the day hunched over a 1984 300TD Euro model with a broken engine arm and extracted the injection pump in under 2 hours in pouring rain.  I feel your pain.

I also nabbed an oil cooler for my 1980 300SD, and a Euro bumper for the same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Kletzenklueffer,

That's exactly what I am doing. Damn sink hole opened up and I had to get all of the air pockets out.

Well, M14shooter came by and we got the New Holland stuck 2 more times!

My neighbor who what been removing his driveway one chunk at a time was glad to have the help. If I couldn't use the toy today, I was at least going to help someone out and get my moneys worth. So, I pulled up my neighbors driveway. After I pulled it up, I had a not so bright idea. I used the busted up driveway to make a bridge through my new swimming pool. Everything went fine until I told M14shooter to gun it, and well,......... we got the bitch stuck twice. Thankfully, my ole Chevy got it out both times. Even if the New Holland had to return the favor the last time before I slid into the lake. (Yes, I am looking for an excuse to buy an F250, turbo D)

I was pissed enough, but having to pay a wrecker to extract the New Holland would have sent me over the edge.

The hole still isn't finished yet, so I will give ya'll an update on the fun tomorrow.

The bourbon filled, and quite pissed Accountant!
PS: Which one of you bastards drove by tonight and didn't stop to help??? I will remember that silver/champage Tahoe!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I drove by and just laughed.
Does that help?

wolf
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#7]
This is worthless without pics...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#8]

I drove by and just laughed.
Does that help?

Hey Wolf,
Why didn't you introduce yourself???

I will try to get some pics posted tonight.

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't see any fun toys outside :P

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]
still no pictures!  Did he fall into the hole or is he just out enjoying his new pool?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, guys. I haven't had a chance to load the software for the new camera; but I will give you an update.

Sunday:

The SUN came out. It dried up enough for me to get some use out of the New Holland. I was able to get the pool filled in. I still have more of the sink hole to dig out and the broken water pipes to repair, but I really didn't want a pool in my backyard. So next weekend I am going to rent a backhoe and finish fixing the water pipes.

Since the New Holland destroyed the yard, I have decided to completely replace it. I can't fix it, since there is nothing left. So, I decided that if I was going to have sod put in, I would need to take down some trees. So I had a tree company come over today and cut down 20 trees. I now have a million dollar view of the lake.

Never a dull moment around my house!

Accountant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top