Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2005 7:29:29 PM EDT
Who here shoots USPSA/IPSC? Besides myself & HKShooter_03. If so, please list what clubs you shoot at and what type of gun are you currently shooting and what division & class?

I shoot:
-Glock 35 in Limited (B class) & Lim10 (C class)
-Glock 17L in Open (B class)
-Glock 17 or 31 in Production (C class)

I shoot at South River, Cherokee & South Atlanta at Autrey's in Fayetteville.

If anyone wants to know more about Competitive pistol shooting, drop me a line and I can point you in the right way. There is a match almost every weekend in the Atlanta area.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I do too .... Lim, Prod, Open - all C with a Glock 19 and Clinton Mags.  I'm on sabattical for a couple of months.  I'll probally start up again in July.  I usually shoot Cherokee.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I mostly shoot the Cherokee and South River matches.  

STI 40 S&W- Limited (Grandmaster)
STI 38 Super- Open (Master)
Glock 35/Sig 226- Production (Master)

VSP
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Lately I have only been shooting in Fayetteville.

STI custom race-gun (Open "C" class)
HK USP 9mm (Production "unclassified")

www.autreysarmory.com

Check out the weekly IPSC shoots...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn HK_SHOOTER_03,

You dug around for a while to dig up this thread. You still working at Autrey's? Hopefully I will be able to get over there sometime to shoot a match. Damn work schedule!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damn HK_SHOOTER_03,

You dug around for a while to dig up this thread. You still working at Autrey's? Hopefully I will be able to get over there sometime to shoot a match. Damn work schedule!

GlockSpeed31

Yep...

I've got some good stories about dealing with customers but I can't post them on ARFCOM (yet...)

I'll email them to you if you're interested...

How are you doing?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Those stories may not be as "unusual" as when I used to manage over at the gunshop/range over by the airport. I think there is a difference in customers that attend both shops. But I bet you have had some that reside at the bottom of the gene pool!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]

I'm dropping ytou a line.  I have been seriously looking into getting into it with a local club.  Is there any "beginner's cliffs notes" or something that could give me a brief, general summary of everything about it?  Gun class types, scoring procedures, firing procedures, etc.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm dropping ytou a line.  I have been seriously looking into getting into it with a local club.  Is there any "beginner's cliffs notes" or something that could give me a brief, general summary of everything about it?  Gun class types, scoring procedures, firing procedures, etc.

Best thing to do is show up to a match, watch what is going on, ask lots of questions and the following match show up prepared to shoot. Find out who the club president is and talk to them. You can check out www.uspsa.org for info on clubs in your area. Also this Friday (today) and Saturday at the Cherokee club in Gainsville GA is the GA state match. Lots of good shooters there. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

Also, might want to check out www.brianenos.com/forums/ There is a lot of information on USPSA, 3 gun and other stuff. It is free to join up on Enos's site.

GlockSpeed31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top