Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/4/2005 1:17:44 PM EDT
I just got one of those sweet Stag M4 uppers, now I want a Stag lower for it.
I want to pick it up stripped here locally.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't Tommy at GA Precision used to carry them? I don't know if he is in business anymore. He's 2 hours away from me so I always bought RRA from Smokey Joe.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Last RRA stripped lower I got from Smokey was $130.  His reasoning: supply and demand.  

I've also been told that RRA lowers will soon be in the $150 range.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I would order one from Eagle
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=254846

ARH

Link Posted: 4/4/2005 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, looks like Eagle is once again the place.
I just hate going thru the hassle of going to Mr. Pawn, getting the FFL, mailing it to the dealer,
then waiting again for the lower. I'd even pay smokey joe ass price just to not go thru the hassle.
Maybe I'll get lucky and Eagle will have Mr. Pawn's FFL on file.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI...

I have a newly assembled (yet to be fired) Stag lower, with CMT lower parts kit (best kit I've seen), and a CMT 6-pos stock (w/ buffer/spring too).  I let my "eyes get bigger than my wallet" a while ago, so I'm letting this extra one go for now.  

I'd sell it to you FTF (I'm in Athens) for $230 if you want it.
Let me know.

BTW, I also have a "spare" Bushmster A2 upper receiver, a new RRA bolt/carrier group, Delta ring kit, RRA black midlength handguards, and a "spare" incoming Group-buy 16" midlegth-gas barrel w/ FSB / lug & A@ FH (4150 steel, MP tested, 1/7 twist, chrome-line bore & chamber...as good as it gets).  I haven't decided if I'm going ot sell these other parts...but I may...

Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered one off the EE (wish I'd known about yours, warriorsociologist, I'd have jumped on that deal, and I'm in Athens to boot).  

I looked at several gunshows in Gwinett and Gainesville, but never found a dealer selling a reasonably priced lower. Good luck on your search, I'd personally take up warriorsociologist on his offer,  you could pay that much for a lower, internals, and stock. You'd be getting shipping and transfer basically for free!
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree, I just cannot commit to anything until next week.
If anyone wants it, take it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Someone needs to make a smiley face shooting the bird.  

We have plenty of those at pre-ban.com, even t**k ones. Vist some time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 3:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We have plenty of those at pre-ban.com, even t**k ones. Vist some time.

You mean tonk?
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
warriorsociologist is good people.  It might not be a bad idea (and save some hassle) to take him up on his offer.

Last time i checked warriorsociologist was only one person.  Great guy to deal with.  

Hopefully in the next couple of months when I get my FFL, I'll have RRA lowers.

With a post like that now I know kb isn't cornbread raised.  I've only been down here for 5 years, and I still refer to a good person as good people.
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
warriorsociologist is good people.  It might not be a bad idea (and save some hassle) to take him up on his offer.

Last time i checked warriorsociologist was only one person.  Great guy to deal with.  

That would be a neat trick. They seem to be made from "Unobtanium" here lately. I have had some on order for over 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Tommy, you don't still have any Stag lowers, do you?

Nope, I have some MEGAS on the way. I still have TONS of AR parts also.
Tommy
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tommy

Tommy, what kind of price can you do on some lower parts kits for those MEGA's I got from you?
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tommy

Tommy, what kind of price can you do on some lower parts kits for those MEGA's I got from you?

$52.00 complete
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/8/2005 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be a neat trick. They seem to be made from "Unobtanium" here lately. I have had some on order for over 6 months.

Just checked with RRA Dealer site.  They are estimating 3-4 months delivery time on all lowers.

That was the same thing they told me back in September. I would check w  in with some of the other manufacturers that can actually deliver some lowers. The RRA lowers are WAY overrated. The last 50 or so that we sold ALL had tight rear take down areas making your build nearly impossible to seperate the upper from the lower. I had MANY complaints. Some like this tightness, I do not.
Tommy
Link Posted: 4/8/2005 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Some like this tightness, I do not.
Tommy

At your age, you should take any tightness that you can get!
Link Posted: 4/8/2005 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#26]
LOL....  OK, I haven't checked on this thread in a while...and I guess things got interesting since then.    Thanks for the kind works folks (or "y'all, or yawl, or ???) - remember guys, I'm relatively new in GA.  

Anyway, I have promised this lower to a fellow Georgian/Army Reservist/forummate who I am sure will put it (and the bolt/carrier group + CH I'm also selling to him) to good use.  Also, I wanted to note that this is "SPF" to stop the flood of very nice and well-intentioned offers (I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for no reason).  This one is gone people (yes Kyle, plural).

Link Posted: 4/8/2005 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just checked with RRA Dealer site.  They are estimating 3-4 months delivery time on all lowers.

That was the same thing they told me back in September. I would check w  in with some of the other manufacturers that can actually deliver some lowers. The RRA lowers are WAY overrated. The last 50 or so that we sold ALL had tight rear take down areas making your build nearly impossible to seperate the upper from the lower. I had MANY complaints. Some like this tightness, I do not.
Tommy

Tommy is speaking the truth. I bought one direct from RRA (didn't know any better at the time) two months before the end of the ban. It was so tight I ended up dremeling the finish off the lower so it could accept any of my uppers -- bushmaster, colt or RRA.

When they were $99 they were a deal. At $129 I'm not sold.
Link Posted: 4/8/2005 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I went by Smokey today. He wanted $139 for RRA lowers. They had 8 in stock.  I decided to pass.
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I just hate going thru the hassle of going to Mr. Pawn, getting the FFL, mailing it to the dealer,
then waiting again for the lower. I'd even pay smokey joe ass price just to not go thru the hassle.

Just wondering if you ever pulled through with buying a lower... I think these Stag ones look pretty sweet, and am contemplating getting one... anyone else want one, maybe we could get in on their group pricing?
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wondering if you ever pulled through with buying a lower... I think these Stag ones look pretty sweet, and am contemplating getting one... anyone else want one, maybe we could get in on their group pricing?

No, I never ordered it.
I am selling my extra upper, so I am not really needing the additional lower at this time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
LOL....  OK, I haven't checked on this thread in a while...and I guess things got interesting since then.    Thanks for the kind works folks (or "y'all, or yawl, or ???) - remember guys, I'm relatively new in GA.  

Anyway, I have promised this lower to a fellow Georgian/Army Reservist/forummate who I am sure will put it (and the bolt/carrier group + CH I'm also selling to him) to good use.  Also, I wanted to note that this is "SPF" to stop the flood of very nice and well-intentioned offers (I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for no reason).  This one is gone people (yes Kyle, plural).

We'll learn ya.

Singular is ya'll

Plural is all ya'll
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#32]
FYI: Just bought one from Title II Firearms in SC - they have them for $90 shipped, which might be a buck or two more than Eagle, but they have Mr. Pawn's FFL paperwork already on file! Stag Lowers
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll learn ya.

Singular is ya'll

Plural is all ya'll

Link Posted: 4/17/2005 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like to get in on the group pricing.

ARH

Link Posted: 4/18/2005 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm also interested in group pricing
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#36]
My bad guys, I got all antzy and purchased it on friday... but, by all means feel free to organize it among yourselves
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#37]
im in to.  that is if i do not find one localy befor. are we ordering stags? and where will it be shiped to? im in the NW atlanta area
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tommy

Tommy, are the MEGA lowers in yet?
how do I/we contact you for purchase?

Mr. Clark (very newbie to forum)
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2005 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
FYI: Just bought one from Title II Firearms in SC - they have them for $90 shipped, which might be a buck or two more than Eagle, but they have Mr. Pawn's FFL paperwork already on file! Stag Lowers

Picked one up from Title II myself.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Anyone have any info (location) of Mr. Pawn?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Anyone have any info (location) of Mr. Pawn?

Thanks

Lawrenceville Hwy and Arcado Rd in Lilburn.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info

DeMarcus
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info

DeMarcus

FYI: from I-85, Arcado rd =  Beaver Ruin

Also, Mr Pawn has some great people there - I picked up my lower today (its sweet), and it was a painless, pleasant transaction (especially considering I'm a 21yr old shaggy-looking college student,, so that's saying alot).

I'd def recommend the STAG lower... its great quality, and IMHO seems better aesthetically and physically in comparisson to RRA... for those who got in on this, y'all won't regret it!
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I just received 2 STAG lowers from Title II Pawn ordered through my dealer in Griffin: Dave's Guns & Guy Stuff.   The receivers look great and are consecutive numbered (ending in 1 and 2 as requested - for my 1st and 2nd Build :)   Dave wasn't expensive on his transfer either and the receiver costs came out much cheaper than any of the Atlanta show prices.
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#48]
I was just by GPSS and picked up a MEGA lower. I think that he had 2 more left.

These were  $109.00 out the door with Ga sales tax.
LOK
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I finally ordered a Stag lower from Mr. Pawn.  They got it from Title II: $100 + $8 S&H + $10 transfer fee fora total of $118.  

Thanks everyone for the information.

DeMarcus
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey guys.  I'll have 1, possibly 2 extra stripped STAG lowers in on Monday.  If some of you are still in the market for one, send me an IM or email.  FYI, I'm really only looking to do an Athens area FTF deal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top