Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 1:39:02 PM EDT
I'm posting this for Frank and will be attending.

Mark

Greetings All,

The Fort Gordon Sportsman's Club is proud to announce that the following dates have been approved for us to host the 2005 Machine Gun & Fun Shoots:
**Sunday**, February 6, 2005
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Saturday, November 5, 2005

Shooting starts @ 1000 hrs. or earlier if possible and ends @ about 1600 ( February )

All participants must be Pre-Registered for each shoot.

Please contact me for Pre-Registration information.

Pre-Registration should be completed NLT 2 weeks prior to each shoot. This
helps us to determine if will need Sunday as a second shoot day and helps us
to complete the Registration Process.

There is a $50.00 fee for each shooter or individual on the line.
Spectators are encouraged to attend and will be charged $5.00 per person .Please note that spectators may not ride nor enter post with the shooters.

The Fort Gordon Sportsman's Club will be selling concessions at each shoot
for nominal fees.

Note: All fees collected go to the Installation Morale Welfare &
Recreation Fund so consider it "Supporting our Troops".

Certified Range Officers and Medics will be provided by the Fort Gordon
Sportsman's Club Volunteers.

All shoots will be conducted in a SAFE manner.

Other than the participants, NO FIREARMS are permitted on site.

To all the attendees who helped make all of our shoots successful last
year THANK YOU! Please expedite your Pre-Registration ASAP to secure your
line positions.

Thanks for the interest in the shoot and I sincerely hope that you enjoy it as much as everyone else. Here is a link to the June 2003 shoot photos homepage.mac.com/lschnuck1/PhotoAlbum11.html  taken by a Doctor who was one of the Medics that day.

It will be on a first come first served basis with "Limited Spaces
available".

Please contact me @ [email protected]  for Pre-Registration information. Removing the Spam Blocker in the email address. Thank you.

Frank in GA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
This is not just for machine guns, there are plenty of people who bring bolt guns to see how well they can do shooting long range.  Targets vary in distance to well over 1000 yards.  Subguns can shoot at a few silloutte targets too.  No handguns are allowed though.  You can see some of the targets on pages 2 and 3 of the photos.  Last shoot had 6 or 7 M2HB's and several 50 BMG bolt guns.  Last June there was even a quad 50 AA turret.

Mark
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing short range for the 16's and subguns? looks like it is set up more for the 30 and 50's.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
As I said, there are a few silloute targets, posts, small trees, etc for subguns.  I didn't have a problem finding targets to shoot at with my M-16/9, M-11/9, and Saiga 12c at the last shoot.

Mark
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:29:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds fun I think I should sign up for this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top