Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2004 6:50:36 AM EDT
I'm sure at least of few of y'all are a webmaster or do html/java.  I need some help/suggestions/etc for making the website for the UGA Gun Club.  I'm not sure on the overall look that I want.  I don't want just a plain looking website, but nothign too fancy.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I built this one.

www.peds.uab.edu

nothing fancy, but it works.
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
KBlagg,
You might want to narrow down your request for website design.  Do you need tips on a host? How about HTML tools to create/maintain your website?  Or do you just need a website template?
Being an online forum, you're going to get lots of useful suggestions but it'll be easier if the target was better defined and illuminated.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is my site. We change the look all the time. Mambo based, works well for us.

www.co.newton.ga.us
Link Posted: 11/26/2004 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
KBlagg,
You might want to narrow down your request for website design.  Do you need tips on a host? How about HTML tools to create/maintain your website?  Or do you just need a website template?
Being an online forum, you're going to get lots of useful suggestions but it'll be easier if the target was better defined and illuminated.
Hope this helps.

I'm not worried about a host.  Once it is designed I'm going to upload it to the University's server.  I've got the tools to do it Macromedia Studio Mx (dreamweaver, fireworks, flash, and freehand).  It was provided for me since it was a "school activity".  So I guess I am looking for a template of some sort.  I think i want a frame based based, but i dont want the standard frame design where the left side is essentially just a column.  I want the Top and Left to be joined together with some sort of curved design.  The POOR pic below kinda illustrates what kind of frames im looking for but the edges will be rounded.  I'm going to try and get a copy of photoshop from the Univ to help out.

Link Posted: 11/26/2004 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here is my site. We change the look all the time. Mambo based, works well for us.

www.co.newton.ga.us

those are some cool sites.  There are a lot of sites that I like the look of, but I dont know how well they'd go with the theme of a gun club or maybe my expectations/wants aren't very realistic.

EDIT:  SORRY BOUT THE DOUBLE POST, meant to do 2 quotes in the last one.  Oh well, thats what a 10 hour workday will do to your brain.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I created www.personaldefensetraining.com and www.lightningarms.com if you need any help.  (I don't manage those sites anymore if you're thinking of clicking their webmaster's links).  I love working on gun-related websites.  Oh yeah, I'm a big UGA fan so I'd love to help.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I would post the link to mine but it would get me banned for a little while.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Aww come one share with the group
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
For those who care, the below link is just one of the pages of the UGA gun club's website.  It's still only a piece of the pie.  I just uploaded the file to my cheap angelfire service.  Once its all done it will be uploaded to the UGA server so it wont have the banner ads.  Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

SAFER:  UGA Gun Club
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Check ur link dude.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#11]
No pics on the site are working for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The pics are pointing to the c: drive...I should have been more informative.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

What happens in IM stays in IM.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The pics are pointing to the c: drive...I should have been more informative.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I didnt even think about changing it.  I will update it whenever.  However, Here is a screenshot.  Too late to bother messing with anything.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I can help if you decide you need a pag with lots of EJBs and servlets deployed in a distributed environment.  

in english please?  some of us aren't programmers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
in english please?  some of us aren't programmers.

Please hand in your nerd card at the door.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Uh, I do HTML in notepad.  Don't do no java beans.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Uh, I do HTML in notepad.  Don't do no java beans.

I've used dreamweaver and photoshop mostly for it all.  Mark, you may be able to help out with something though.  If you look on the right hand side where the news/updates are, as of right now i have to go in and change each page individually.  anyone know of a way that I could just change it on the main page and the others reflect such changes?  I'm not exactly the best at html, i know just enough to get me by.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:05:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm more than covered up today and tomorrow will be worse.  I can take a look at your issue sometime later in the week.  That cool?

no big hurry.  Just let me know.  You've got my number if you need any more details.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]
For design idears try checking out Cool Home Pages. The gallery lets you search in a variety of ways and there are some truly inspirational sites out there that could give you some momentum in the direction you may want to go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top