Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 7:24:14 PM EDT
I want to get my AK refinished, cleaned up and maybe modified slightly.  Anybody know someone in the Atlanta area?  thanks!  Dave
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:54:46 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you want specifically?
Finish, mods??
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I nice refinish for my SAR 2.  I would alos like to get a the gas and FSB straitened and a lug put on.  I also want an expert to inspect the support I had to dremmel for it to take my mags.  It does not seem to be alot, but I cant do it.  thanks.  Dave
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have done some small stuff such as sandblasting and refinishing with Norrel's Molyresin. I can also do the wood. I have replaced the FCG, gas piston and the like. No real big smithing though. Wasn't sure what you wanted done, so I thought I would ask. Why did you have to dremel the mag well? I understand the WASR's (single stack) needed that, but I didn't know that a SAR 2 would also.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
There was alot of SAR2s that would not accept some types of mags.  Mine would only accept EG Bagelites.  I asked people on this board and that was the remedy.  Basicly there is a  riveted support that you can see in the rear of the mag well.  One side of it is flat to give clearence for the mag to go in.  Alot of them were assembled with the support being off a bit so the mags whould not go in.  The AK gurus on this site suggested to dremel some of this support off.  This was common ,so I did it.  It appears to be structurly sound..but looks ugly.  Please IM me if you think you can do the work I need and we will set up a price and such.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
bump
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#7]
huey_crew_chief

While I have no doubt that I could do the refinishing, the other stuff you want done I don't think I could do. Besides, I'm over in Savannah. A little far for a quick trip from Atlanta.

I'm almost done with my MAADI refurb project which includes refinishing with Norrell's flat black Molyresin. If you like how it looks after I post pics, We could talk about refinishing yours if you are interested.

AK work is pretty simple really. Just think that all the AK's used over in Iraq were probably built by some yahoo in a mud floor shack with primitive hand tools. With that in mind, there is nothing that you can't try yourself and be moderately successfull.

I'll post pics within the next few days of my project.................
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#8]
cool, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top