Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 11:35:35 AM EDT
Anyone know if the folks from Georgia Arms attend any of the local shows?

I've just installed a Clark custom 460 Rowland conversion on my Custom II and would prefer to just buy some factory ammo direct from these guys.  I've got 50 rounds to get me started at the range and then use the brass to reload.

When is the next big show in N. Georgia?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they do go to the shows...I don't have links on me, but you can google georgia mountain  productions and eastman gun shows...oh, yeah, eastman's page plays loud music.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you just visit their web site at www.georgia-arms.com

They are off of I-20. Not to far from Villa Rica.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the quick replies.

I only brought up the gun shows because I needed an excuse to post about my new toy.  And I was hoping to find that GA Arms attend.  I'm headed to Pannell's to test fire tonight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the quick replies.

I only brought up the gun shows because I needed an excuse to post about my new toy.  And I was hoping to find that GA Arms attend.  I'm headed to Pannell's to test fire tonight.

Please post pics and a range report.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics aren't possible, because I'm a freakin' idiot when it comes to computers, but I'd be glad to post results.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Georgia Arms sucks!
LarryG should be along any second...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
GA ARMS are great.  I shoot alot of their .223 with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Georgia arms sells nothing but reloads.   I have a "factory" just like they do.  I guess I 'll start calling my home grown stuff "factory loaded" too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Georgia Arms sucks!
LarryG should be along any second...

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I have seen GA Arms at every Eastman's show i go to.  I always grab a couple bags of .223.  Have had zero probs with the ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Georgia arms sells nothing but reloads.   I have a "factory" just like they do.  I guess I 'll start calling my home grown stuff "factory loaded" too.

RFA, they also sell Brand New Fodder.  Like their G308E that's .3XX" @ 100yds out of two of my AR-10s, a (T) and a chrome lined A4.

Dave S

That .3XX" is good enough to shoot a golf ball outta yooz mouth.............or just chip a tooth if you keep spreadin' lies.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Ask em about their QC proceedures.  How do they test powder lots?  What kind of pressure barrels do they have?  Do they live fire for accuracy?  How often are their dies dimensionally checked. How many metalurgists or chemical engineers do they employ?

Answer to above, nope, nada, zilch.  They are a reloading operation.  Some of their ammo may contain new components, but that hardly clasifies it as "factory loaded".  New brass assembled in the field only gives you more protection against casehead seperation.

As long as you know what you are buying, and are happy with it, go for it.  I got some out of spec ammo from them, and they would not stand behind it,  that is when I researched who they are and how they operate.

I know how Federal, Winchester, Remmington, etc operate.  They manufacture "Factory Loaded Ammo".  QC is part of the manufacturing process.  If you don't measure your performance, you have none.  

I won't even mention the liability issue.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Regardless of whether GA arms are or are not new loads, that is what was recommended on the Clark custom website and that is what I have right now.  A friend had a small amount left over.  Georgia Arms 185 gr JHP.  BTW it says "new ammunition" on the label.  At this point I am unaware of any of the big compainies loading for the 460 Rowland, please let me know if I have more options.

Anyways, I got to go to the range for a very short period of time last night.  Only had about 10 minutes before they closed, so I only put two mags thru the kit.

Accuracy was very good, but the range is only 50 ft  so I'll try to get to an outdoor range for a better indicator on how well I can shoot this round.  I tend to be a pretty crappy shot with my 44 mag revolver, so far it seems that I have much more potential with this set up.  Muzzle blast and recoil were less than I had anticipated, and seemed on par, or less than, the 357 sig that I have shot.

The first mag ran flawlessly until the last round, which stove piped upon ejection.  The second mag had 2 FTE.  This AM as I was loading up, I slapped in a full mag and hit the slide release.  The gun jammed the first round into the top of the chamber.  I cleared that, and the next round chambered fine.  At this point, I am using the stock 7 rd Kimber mag.  I am going to try Wilson and McCormick Power Mags before I start messing with the gun itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top