Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 3:24:30 AM EDT
Ok where's a good place to pick up a M1A?

Am I better off bying a parts kit and reciver then having someone do a build up?

How would a used M1A fare?

I've done some looking on gunbroker and auction arms, but prices are still over 1000 bucks even for used ones.  Help a dude out!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
A used older one would be the ticket. USGI parts are the Ticket.... Older rifles normally have them. Like prior to year 1999..... Try West Texas Ordance. They was building USGI rifles at one time...  Fulton sells USGI parts rifles but are $$$$$.. But they are top line rifles. I would only get a standard grade . All you will need.  I was lucky I bought rifle kits in the late 90's when they was still cheap... Damn if I had only bought more than I did.... Good luck WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This isn't cheap,
but the receiver itself is top of the line forged not cast:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=231612
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
man, that post about the lrb almost made me cry. I wish I had another $2,000  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Like WarDawg,
I wish I had bought two or three of the USGI parts sets when they were going for $450.00 (+/-).
But something came up that changed me into a gun "uncollector" for ten years,and I am just now getting back to having any money to buy anything!
I'm glad I bought up enough parts off eBay last year,since USGI parts have doubled in price since the first of this year!
Now,if I would just stop buying other stuff long enough to get one of those LRB receivers ,or find a way to legally "undemil" the receiver halves I have!
Robert.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top