BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:29:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll agree with Hound on the A1 Augs, they're just not that good of a rifle.  Check out Steyr's web page though for what the Aug A3 is going to look like.  If they actually do it, parts and availability not withstanding, it should be a pretty cool gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in the wanting to shoot one also.  Then I shot Coonazz's AUG and immediately was in the damn I wish they weren't so expensive, cause now I want one category.  I my looking around at AUGs so far this seems to be the most complete set for the best price I have seen yet.  Of course I have also seen the Beta C's for the AUG too, and I just don't know how that would fit in a bullpup design.

BTW Muddy:  I changed my Sig after seeing Rush and remembering how much you look like Geddy Lee
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#4]

That has got to be the ugliest gun I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
That baby would rock with a trigger pack. I suppose I'm back into my "this will be my last NFA purchase" again and I'm torn between an AUG or a HK sear. I always tell myself that my latest NFA purchase will be the last, but then something else catches my eye.

TD
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The HK sear would let you have several different caliber of weapons, but the AUG can be used with diff barrel lengths including a heavy with bipod. There is a 9mm conversion I have seen. I owned the HK stuff and had a friend with the full auto AUG and AR. The AUg was smoother and easier to control than the AR. We did several full beta dumps and barrel changes and the rifle never missed a beat.
On the downside. The AUG is more expensive to buy and get mags/parts for. If you want to shoot left handed without converting to the left handed bolt look out. The trigger is heavy and feels like a toy. The optic is difficult to use. The last two items will correct themselves with use/trainning. I got to shoot an Aimpoint equipped flat top with the 14 in barrel and it was a hoot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mega ditto.    It's a FUGLY design.     It MIGHT even be uglier than John Kerry's wife!

Well...maybe it's not THAT ugly....but DAMN....!

CJ

You subconsiously really want to hit the heinz hag, don't you?  It's ok to admit it, you're among friends.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
If I had 4k to drop on a firearm, I'd have to get a MAC and a few cases of ammo to run through it.

AUGs look cool but what does it do that an AR can't.  But if DSA starts makin' 'em here...hmmmmm
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd most likely go with the HK sear since I've already got a M-16, AC556 and FN-FNC. I've got most of the bases covered in the  .223/5.56  catagory. With the HK sear I'd be open to .308 which would be cool. A while back I had a line on a local HK sear that was less than a 1/5 of the  current internet asking prices, but never could close on it. The guy said he had the sear and couldn't locate it or the form 4. He thinks it got thrown away in a move several yrs ago. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

TD
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mega ditto.    It's a FUGLY design.     It MIGHT even be uglier than John Kerry's wife!

Well...maybe it's not THAT ugly....but DAMN....!

CJ

You subconsiously really want to hit the heinz hag, don't you?  It's ok to admit it, you're among friends.

I'd only hit that with a pickaxe!

CJ

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Im looking at getting another MG myself soon hopefully.

Id put my $4k towards a MG or atleast get a decent 50bmg package.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top