Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 6:02:26 PM EDT
The fellow running for local sheriff ran a newspaper ad and welcomed phone calls to his home.

So,I called him and we had a nice chat.

I closed the conversation with a question of his stance on signing form3's and gun ownership.  His answered "I have no problem with folks that want to have machineguns.  The BATF approves it, all I do is sign the paperwork.  With the terrorism threat, I want all who can lawfully own guns to have them if they want them"  He added, "I'd rather not see open carry, cause it scrares some people"

A pro-gun guy in rural Ga., who da thunk it?

BTW, I encourage every one to contact candidates this week if you haven't done so already.  Call them, get them on the phone, ask them leading soccermom type questions to see what they say.

GO VOTE!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I definetly agree!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I definetly agree!

+1

I am up in SC now but I am contacing mine now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 He added, "I'd rather not see open carry, cause it scrares some people"

It never scared anyone where my grandfather lived in Kansas back in the '70s. It was probably illegal but it was so normal the cops never even looked twice. It did get kind of goofy like a jewelry thing, guys with mother of pearl grips and chrome plated wheelguns.

Crime wasn't an issue, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember one thing: They will tell you ANYTHING to get your vote. In Gwinnett Co's recent Sheriff election we had a clown that was running aginst the incumbent that refused to sign. I ran into this clown campaigning at a gun show of all places so we had a face to discussion reguarding NFA and CLEO signoff's and he told me he didn't have a problem with them ect......

Shorty after this conversation several online articles that this clown wrote were brought to my attention. It turns out that he was actually antigun or atleast that was the feeling I got when I read the articles. He stated that he didn't see any legit. reason why a non LEO should own any type of assault weapon but so called hunting weapons were OK. I guess the 2nd doesn't mean much to him, but he'll take all the gun votes he can get.  

Luckily the election appeared like it was going to be a close one and the incumbent suddenly found a love for NFA which he hadn't had for many years and signed off on 2 select fire weapons I had already paid for. The DA had been signing for me for years prior to this but he lost his love for select fire weapons after a long love affair. I still don't know why he had a sudden 180 change in attitude.

Where am I going with this? Hell, even I don't know, but I wouldn't believe it untill I watched him sign on the dotted line for the 1st time.

TD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top