Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 2:44:44 PM EDT
The next Tactical Rifle Match will be held at the Carolina Star www.carolinastar.com on October 23. Registration for the match will begin at 0830, safety briefing at 0900, and shooting to begin immediately thereafter. The fee for the match will be $17. The match will consist of three COF's with a minimum round count of sixty. Our standard "one gun/one optic" is in effect as well as the prohibition of any steel core or AP ammunition. Two of the three stages will be shot "Limited Vickers Count"; vickers count stages limit the maximum number of rounds fired.

The match will consist of three COF's, including two barricade stages and position shooting. This match stresses accuracy at a maximum distance of 150 yards.

The first stage will be a position stage shot at 75 yards. Starting from a standing position, the shooter will engage an IDPA target with five rounds each from the standing, kneeling, and prone position in one string of fire. This stage will be shot "Limited Vickers Count", with fifteen rounds fired.

The second stage will be a barricade stage. There will be three banks of targets:

1) (5) Bowling pins at 75 yards.
2) (5) 8" steel plates at 100 yards
3) IDPA target at 150 yards (Five rounds required)

The shooter will begin the stage at the first barricade, and may engage any of the three banks of targets; shooters choice. The shooter will then advance 25 yards to the second barricade and will engage a second bank of targets from that position. The shooter will then advance 25 yards to the forward marker and engage the last bank of targets. Only one bank of targets may be shot from each position. This COF will be shot " Limited Vickers Count", with a maximum of twenty rounds fired (You have five extra rounds - Don't Miss)

The third stage will be a barricade stage. While moving to the first barricade, shooters will engage IDPA targets on their right side, and from the barricade, engage steel plates and IDPA targets from the right side of the barricade. The shooter will then advance forward to the second barricade engaging left hand targets "on the move", and from the second barricade the shooter will engage steel plates and IDPA targets from the left side of the barricade. There is no limit on shots fired for this stage. You must assume a "cover position" while engaging targets from the barricades.

As usual, guns and gear will be available for those that need them. We ask that you provide new, commercial .223 cal ammunition for use in these weapons.

Questions, comments or concerns - [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't see a hundred yards. How bought double the round count so I can get lucky an hit maybe one.
One day I am gonna buy an optic.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  Glad to hear we are on for another one.  Count me in.  Russel, how's the knee?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool.  Glad to hear we are on for another one.  Count me in.  Russel, how's the knee?

Neither rain, nor snow, nor shattered knee.....

I still can't believe how much damage I did to my knee.  I also can't believe that I chased all the other shooters around that COF, and then messed up the foot work on my run.  Fortuneately the surgery went well, and everything is healing nicely.  It will probably be the first of the year before I'm able to do any shooting, but I'm going to try and make it to the match to provide "moral support" otherwise known as "heckling".

This should be a very good match, and a test of your accuracy.  It will also have the added benefit of slowing the "speed demons" down a little bit.

Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear you were hurt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear you were hurt.

Thanks J3.

I guess that when you're "High Speed", and "High Drag", somethings got to give.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I,ve never been at high speed when it came to shooting. I have to look down every now and then to be sure I am moving.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Match this weekend!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
It never got posted on the FAlFiles this time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Match Tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Just wanted to thank Ed and Russel for putting on another fun and challenging match at the Carolina Star!  I hope the FAL guys got a chance to "stretch their .308 legs".

Thanks Again!
-Brian
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It never got posted on the FAlFiles this time.

Not true Jack! See the GA Forum!

We had a hoot. We stretched EVERYIONE out, except maybe Ed. And the FALs ran essentially flawlessly. The distances cut into the ROF and recoil advantages the AR obviously has. For grins, I ran Stage 2 with my M4 and was nearly twenty seconds faster as opposed to the run I made w/ my L1A1 carbine.

Russell was on-hand as Chief Castigator, and did a fine job. We got to share lunch afterward: it was excellent to see him him in good spirits.

See everyone in the winter (Jan?)!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Warrior-  Any pics yet?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys, glad to hear you had a good time.  It looks like stage two truly was "the great equalizer".  I knew that when, as the course designer, I couldn't decide how I would shoot that COF, you guys were going to have a ball.

The smell of gun powder and the fellowship of friends is VERY therapeutic.  I can't waite till I'm up and around again.  

Thanks to everyone that attended.  There was some great shooting:  pongoAR put up some good times with a questionable sight, J3 had one of the few clean runs on the equalizer, the Warrior-Poet had the FAL running like the proverbial Timex watch, and our own sensei won the match.  Ed, as usual, was in the zone.

We'll be taking the rest of the year off for the holidays, and some rehabilitation.

Look for the January match announcement.....it's going to be some SERIOUS fun.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Really enjoyed it again. THANKS for putting on another great shoot.

Not true Jack! See the GA Forum!

Is was being posting in the meeting section of the Files so anyone who saw it could attend. Did not even know that part of the board was there. Is says groups so I had never clicked on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Our staff photographer has loaded the pics onto Image Station.

www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2808480093

Check them out!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Can someone please email the results to me?  I never received them.  Thanks, Brian

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top