Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 7:33:32 PM EDT
Boy, I am depressed now.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Another year of *yawn* baseball is done.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Another year of *yawn* baseball is done.

Yea, dont have to hear about it for awhile, doesnt football come next?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck the Braves, what the hell happened to the Packers last night?  Hey Zeus Chris toes...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go Braves!!

And take the Falcons with ya!  

Now, now, that was years ago.

Am I the only one who is not enamored with Vick as QB?  I think he is a great athlete, but a lousy QB.  Schaub showed me a hell of lot more as a QB in preseason.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Bite me
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who is not enamored with Vick as QB?  I think he is a great athlete, but a lousy QB.  Schaub showed me a hell of lot more as a QB in preseason.

Schaub showed everyone that if Vick goes down, the Falcons still have a more than competent QB (unlike last year when they had that worthless chucklefuck).

However, Vick still needs a year or two in the new offensive scheme to come into his own.  And we Atlantans are impatient, we want results now, not next year.  Vick has speed, agility, manueverability, athleticism, he's getting better at just throwing the ball away instead of forcing it, he's got a helluva arm, and he commands the respect of the team.  The only thing I think he lacks as a QB is pocket presence - but that's due in part to the pocket never really forming because of a lackluster offensive line.  And as a player, he's slow to adapt, slow to adjust, and slow to learn this new offense.  And that will hurt the Falcons until he becomes comfortable with it.

But who cares about the Falcons anyway?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I heard that Rafael Furcal Is going to Cobb County Jail today for his DUI convictions.  

A reporter asked him what his favorite inning was in the game last night.  He responded "Bottom of a fifth of course"

FNGfromGA out
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I heard that Rafael Furcal Is going to Cobb County Jail today for his DUI convictions.  

A reporter asked him what his favorite inning was in the game last night.  He responded "Bottom of a fifth of course"

FNGfromGA out

That was awful!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Schaub showed everyone that if Vick goes down, the Falcons still have a more than competent QB (unlike last year when they had that worthless chucklefuck).

However, Vick still needs a year or two in the new offensive scheme to come into his own.  And we Atlantans are impatient, we want results now, not next year.  Vick has speed, agility, manueverability, athleticism, he's getting better at just throwing the ball away instead of forcing it, he's got a helluva arm, and he commands the respect of the team.  The only thing I think he lacks as a QB is pocket presence - but that's due in part to the pocket never really forming because of a lackluster offensive line.  And as a player, he's slow to adapt, slow to adjust, and slow to learn this new offense.  And that will hurt the Falcons until he becomes comfortable with it.

But who cares about the Falcons anyway?

Vick may have a hell of an arm, but he is not accurate for shit.  During the preseason, Shaub hit Price for a TD.  The ball was in the air for about 60 yards and was right on the money.  Vick only hits even short routes about 50 percent of the time and not because of defenders or recievers.  He overthrew at least 5 passes yesterday, 1 long and 4 short-to-medium.  He also fumbles a lot (hell, he gave Detroit 10 points).  The Falcons won 4 in spite of Vick, the defense won them, but he almost singlehandly gave that game to Detroit yesterday.  He also gets sacked a hell of a lot for someone as mobile as he is.

The defense only gave up 17 points yesterday, 10 of which were directly due to Vick.  You can't expect the defense to stop the other guys every time they have the ball on the 3 yard line.

The offense only scored 10 points yesterday.  Hell, they only scored 6 against Arizona.  I would bet that with Shaub, the offensive point totals would be at least twice what they are with Vick, but we will never know unless Vick gets hurt.

Hell, the defense has accounted for much of the points, especially in the San Francisco and St. Lious games.  Same deal with the Charlotte game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top