Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 6:03:23 PM EDT
Guys,

Now that the AWB is gone I was considering changing the stock on my Bushy carbine. It has the A2 style stock currently. I was pondeing the idea of the collapsable stock. I wanted to ask here of those that have these 2 styles which one do you like better and why? The collapsable style I could see a tactical advantage and the A2 is nice for shooting off the bench. Are the collapsable style stocks comfortable for shooting? Could you guys chime in and offer your advice? Good and bad?

Thanks,
Andy
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the collapsible myself.  It can be adjusted short for CQB and long for prone shooting.  It can also be adjusted to suit whatever gear or clothing you are wearing.  Just remember you can make a collapsible longer, but you can't make an A2 shorter.  I do have an A1 stock that I really like for an application that doesn't require a collapsible, though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
My Bushy now has a RRA 6 postion stock thanks to Bradd_D for 'helping'. I really like it and it helps when someone with short arms(Yabba) shoots it. Oh, get the wrench when you buy the stock...trust me.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a RRA 6 postion for the carbine and keep the A2 for the 20" you build.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
And the colapsable looks so cool too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yo, dat slidin' stock be dope!  Mo bling is always my thing.  

Translation.  The collapsable stock looks evil.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the feel of an A2 stock compared to a collapsible one.  That being said I think that I will put a collapsible one of a rifle for the Mrs. because her arm length is not as long as mine and the A2 is uncomfortable for her.  Unless you need a stock to fit several users then I would stick with an A2 (assuming it is the right length for you).
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I tend to build my AR's based on a military standpoint (basically whatever the military has I like to get for my collection), I kinda go either way when it comes to collapsing or standard stock.
With that being said, I just put a LMT/Crane SOPMOD stock on my Mk12 Mod1 clone chambered for 6.8 Rem SPC and it is awesome. Not only does it add to any compactness, but the cheekweld I get with this on the rifle is even better then a fixed stock and it is tight as hell with no wobble whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer the original A1 stock.  5/8" shorter than the A2 which was really designed for bench shooting more so than fast mounting of the weapon.  I'm not a big fan of collapsable stocks as they are really designed so as to accomodate body armor.  The A1 allows me to mount the gun very quickly from a more squared up fighting position compared to the A2.  Amazingly that 5/8" makes a big difference.  Collapsables have the cool factor look and if you add a pad the second position isn't far off the A1 length.  Best to try some friend's guns and see what works best for you.  I found an original A1 refinished on this board shipped for $20 with the spacer and screw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top