Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 2:08:09 PM EDT
I headed out to CE today to put a few rounds through the M4 and, lo and behold, I was the only one with an AR.  It was packed, too.  They were having a muzzleloader seminar on the pistol range so everybody came to the rifle range.  Nothin' but huntin' rifles today, boys.  Talk about feeling self-conscious...me sitting there blasting with my "evil assault weapon".  

I did strike up a conversation with several people who came to inquire about my piece.  One of them was a young hunter who came to the range to sight in his 30-30 and 270.  He had zero experience with AR's so he was asking alot of questions.  He mentioned that my rifle was just like one that a friend of his was using in Iraq.  At one point he said, "I think assault rifles should be ok for people to have.  I just think they should be registered.".  I didn't respond...instead I just let him squeeze off a mag before he left.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, OK.....what did he buy from you?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cool, OK.....what did he buy from you?

He left before I could toss my pitch.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What time were you there?  I got there at about 16:25.  Those muzzleloader guys were wrapping things up.  There were a couple of guys on the benches beside me with ARs, but neither of them hung out here.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What time were you there?  I got there at about 16:25.  Those muzzleloader guys were wrapping things up.  There were a couple of guys on the benches beside me with ARs, but neither of them hung out here.

I think I left about 1:00 or so.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I never run into an AR crowd where I go, I was nice and moved so peole wouldnt have to dodge brass the other day though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
he said, "I think assault rifles should be ok for people to have.  I just think they should be registered.".  

What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
 Yes and you  should have said to him...... " I think they  should make you register that SNIPER weapon  ( 270 ) you have there young man......    Boy thats a burr in my saddle..... WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top