Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:59:57 AM EDT
Anyone going?  Anyone familiar with the facility where it's being held?
4-dproducts.com/cggc/idpa04StateMatch.html
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This will be the first GA State match I've missed.  Two state matches are silly and expensive.  If it were a one day affair I'd be there.

TN state match makes more sense.  Closer and one day.  

I'm off to Arkansas and the nationals!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you mean to say "two day state matches are silly & expensive"?

If it were only a one day deal I wouldn't bother going.  My local club shoots a 5 COF match twice a month with a rifle or shotgun match afterwards.  I need more shooting time if I'm going to drive 6 hours!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
norman 74, i am in brunswick and have been to the site as a guest.   it is easy to find from I95. i haven't attended any of the matches, but know a couple of the guys who do.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the facility like?  Indoor plumging?  electricity? airdonditioned support buildings?

Or is more of a rednecky place with outhouses, a waterhose that works sometimes, and a lean-to in the corner?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
It has to be an outdoor facility.  There is no indoor range big enough to support a state match.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I understand that it's an outdoor facility, thanks.

But there is a broad spectrum of outdoor facilities.  There are very nice ones that have regular toilets, support buildings with AC and electricity, etc.  Then there are facilities that are really nothing more than a big field with some dirt berms and 10 port-o-lets.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#7]
It is a private range that I shoot at and funds are limited.  It has a clubhouse, A/C, electric and port-o-lets.  Restroom facilities are under construction.  485 yards but in the process of moving firing line (covered, BTW) back to 600 for high power.  Also under construction is a stand alone pistol range that won't interfere with the rifle range.

Not sure if that fits your definition of "rednecky" or not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm just trying to make sure of what I'm getting myself into, not trying to be derrogatory.  I hate going someplace and not knowing what to expect.

The AC thing is just something I like to know for first-aid and/or heatstroke reasons.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm just trying to make sure of what I'm getting myself into, not trying to be derrogatory.  I hate going someplace and not knowing what to expect.

The AC thing is just something I like to know for first-aid and/or heatstroke reasons.

I'm sure that if you contact the individuals in charge of the event, they will answer any questions.  You might also find out more by searching for Coastal Georgia Gun Club.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I understand that it's an outdoor facility, thanks.

But there is a broad spectrum of outdoor facilities.  There are very nice ones that have regular toilets, support buildings with AC and electricity, etc.  Then there are facilities that are really nothing more than a big field with some dirt berms and 10 port-o-lets.

Sorry i misunderstood your question.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I don't think you have to worry about heatstroke in November. :)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think you have to worry about heatstroke in November. :)

It is still the south.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure that if you contact the individuals in charge of the event, they will answer any questions.  You might also find out more by searching for Coastal Georgia Gun Club.

Yeah, I found the site for the range, I was just hoping someone could give me some firsthand impressions.  Personal experiences mean alot more to me than what a guy that works there or a compnay website have to say.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I found the site for the range, I was just hoping someone could give me some firsthand impressions.  Personal experiences mean alot more to me than what a guy that works there or a compnay website have to say.

It's not a company website it's the guys organizing the event.  I've not shot in the IDPA matches yet but spoke to one the guys this past Saturday.  I'm not sure what you expect in a range but I've been to MUCH worse.  The members are who maintain / improve the facilities as funds are available.  It doesn't seem to stay stagnant and something is always being improved.  The state small bore silhoutte competition is being held there in Oct.  That's two state matches at the same place.  Should say something.  It will also be the only 600 yard range for many miles up and down the Atlantic coast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top