BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 2:59:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I simply prefer to not get a ticket...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, it sounds like things have really changed for the better in good ol loganvill. It was a frigging kangroo court the last time I was there with one of my employees. He was my foreman and he was tight on cash. He got a ticket for an expired tag and no proof of insurance. These weren't moving violations and his total fine was $750.00. I remember  well since I covered the fine since I needed him at work the following morn. The judge told him he could pay or go to jail and it wasn't like he was on probation ect.  

TD
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If you get a ticket in Douglas, unless things have changed, you should just pay the ticket and count your lucky stars you don't HAVE to go to court.  I don't know the judges name, but he is unbelievable.  I'm pretty sure he has delusions of grandeur and balieves he is doing a great service to bestow his wisdom on us lowly mortal men.  I went in to try and fight an accident ticket because one of the witnesses at the scene told me at the accident that she would testify that the other person involved was travelling well above the limit, and then changed her story, but that's a story for another time.  Anyway, this guy would give anyone who came in for speeding a very long lecture about how dangerous it was and then to top it off he was handing out days of public service to these poor schlubs like it was candy, just for speeding tickets.  I'll never walk in there again if I can help it.  On top of paying my fine, he put added probation that I wouldn't have if I hadn't gone to take a chance at fighting the ticket.

Talk about someone taking out their own brand of justice, I wondered about the legality of him adding his own punishments on top of the normal mandated fines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top