Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 4:04:53 AM EDT
To all that are signed up for the class. Get your raingear and waterproof all your gear. I emailed Mike and asked what the alternative plan was due to the hurricane. He said we will shoot anyway. He also said ammo requirements would be 800 rounds for each. Dig out your galoshes and raingear and get ready. Hopefully it will die out before it gets to us. I don't guess we'll know how the storm will act until the night before. I personally do not look forward to shooting in the hurricane and those nasty conditions,but I've waited for this class for almost 4 months now and could not wait for the day to get here. Will anybody not go due to the weather?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#2]
If it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin'!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys are just hardcore:)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The only way I won't go is if the weather is severe enough that I (or others) can't move without slipping on the ground or being blown off balance.

That would be wind speeds in excess of 45mph.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell No.....I was kidding about the hardcore thing. See the smiley face? I'll be there rain or shine. Just not crazy about drillin' in hurricane weather. Rain has never bothered me. Winblown rain and 40 mph gusts do. Not to mention 8am-11pm in 4" of mud under 6" of water. That gets miserable and takes the fun out of something that I enjoy. But rain does not bother me to bad. I'm hoping for the best possible. I waited too long to miss this. My post was just curious as to how others would react and to pass along the info.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, since we're throwing in our .02 cents, I'd rather not be knee deep in mud but I also won't be shooting anything that won't work in mud
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, since we're throwing in our .02 cents, I'd rather not be knee deep in mud but I also won't be shooting anything that won't work in mud

You must be bringin' the AK.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Think like the Spartans... no Sun no heat (the the Persians told them their arrows would cover the Sun).

And if it's raining your rifles will be cool all the time...  

Damn... I'm missing all this fun... should have stayed in GA...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top