Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 4:09:45 PM EDT
Well I stated in the last thread what would be good to carry as far as mag count if SHTF.  Well many would ask what kind of SHTF are you talking about and what would you do?  

Well Ill throw this out at you and see what you all think and you all can feel free to join in.  

I do not believe that America will fall to someone else.  We are to strong and are well armed.  But as in history I believe that America can and might fall within.  Something like Rome!  No one would have thought that a power like Rome would ever fall and neither did the people ruling it.  But I see that America could face this same falling of power.  Say the economy goes to hell.  The American dollar is worthless.  (understand this would also send the world market down the same road)  But we have to worry about eachother and rebuild.  Im not saying China would try to come over and Im not down with the Tin Foil Hat theroy.

But my question would be what would you and your family do.  The gun would rule.  Gold, bullets, and women would be traded and America as currency.  What would your plans be to wait this out.  Never say this would happen but again anything is possible.  

Again No tin foil hat shit!  

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You forgot about zombies and aliens.  But seriously when I see the term "SHTF" I consider it meaning; being prepared for anything that may happen.  Also having a decent bug-out bag is also considered in the SHTF ideal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My answer is the exact same as the last thread.  Even in Mad Max people had to live SOMEWHERE.  I'm staying here or on a LOT of family owned land with enough family and friends to defend it.  I'm really not worried at all.  I think I've got things covered better than most folks actually.  

I think where you live you are screwed.  It's people like you who will need to come to places where people like me will already be.  

Vedubin01 - I think you need to make a plan to meet up with the FL members, slowly escape and evade north, hook up with all the good guys in South GA, and make your way to the 'Compound Bookhound' where we all will be (uninvited of course). We'll through a zombie on the grill for ya when you get here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
So in the event of a SHTF situation, were all meeting up at bookhounds house????
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Petrol. Everyone forgets petrol.

How can you store large quantities of an explosive like petrol securely? It has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to keep 30gal of gas in the house. Likewise an outdoor tank is vulnerable to vandalism and theft.

But I think besides gas, a couple hundred pounds of rice and beans and a full set of vitamins would keep the family going for some time. I have the creek at the end of my property for water and purification systems for the water. Any militia marching up my street would be very tired after the 2-1/2 mile 4 degree grade uphill. The LOS would make most attacking by foot vulnerable to sniping on the way up to my property. I guess I need some claymores for effect but those are not legal to improvise.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:40:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How can you store large quantities of an explosive like petrol securely? It has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to keep 30gal of gas in the house. Likewise an outdoor tank is vulnerable to vandalism and theft.

Gas will eventually varnish anyway.  Switch to diesel.  Diesel powered cars, trucks, generators.  Diesel does not degrade with time (though algae might grow in it, so treat it with algaecide) and does not have explosive fumes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top