Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 3:57:26 PM EDT
Got my  US made stocks today. Here what I noticed. They seem very well made. Nut and screw are pinned. The tube has a nice finish and has the lip at the front to catch the detent correctly. Tube timed perfectly to the detent on the lower I tried it on. The nut is on mine is not the type shown on the web site. It is the older style with the hole part way through the nut to catch the wrench. I have that type on all my stocks so I am happy with it. I plan on using the US made buffer and spring from my old fixed stocks as they have the short type in them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these the ones they had for 19.95?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
No the 49.99 ones. I also got one of the 19.99 ones just to see. Seems functional. Tube nut is the similar to the new type and the screw and nut are pinned. Buffer and spring are ok I guess look about the same as what they put in the US one. Tube measures a little smaller than some I have on the outside threaded part by a few tousands. Not by much. Tube does not have the lip and I have not checked to see about overlap at the retainer yet. I ordered a couple of types from Brownells and will have some others to compare then to soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top