Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 6:51:57 PM EDT
Regarding the movie/video that we were talking about this afternoon...What movies/scenes were you wanting to put on a dvd for the next shoot?  Let me know and I can start working on that possibly.  When does it need to be done?  Let me know what movies, scenes, etc and I might be able to knock it out in my freetime.  I've got enough computers around here so processing power won't be a problem.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bank Shootout from Heat.
The Final Shootout from The Way of The Gun.
Final Shootout from Open Range.
The Shootout from Ronin.
The final Shootout in SPR.
I will think of more later.

Folks feel free to make suggestions on your favorite shootouts.

We would need it by Thursday September 23.

Thanks for doing this kblagg.

ARH

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of format?  You want it just so the different scenes play back to back or having transitions between the different scenes?  Text captions over the movies stating what they are?  need a little bit more direction.  I'll try to knock out some of it this weekend.  If you can give me the time frame on some of the movies, so i don't have to watch every movie just to find the scenes it'd be greatly appreciated.  How long of a video is this going to be?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Check your IM.

ARH
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't guarantee that it'll be done by then, espcially if its going to be a long one, but I'll try my hardest to get it knocked out this weekend for the most part.  

IM back at ya.

kyle
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the breakin scene in the Matrix when Neo and Trinity go through the metal detectors.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
There were a couple good senes in windtalkers too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can't guarantee that it'll be done by then, espcially if its going to be a long one, but I'll try my hardest to get it knocked out this weekend for the most part.  

IM back at ya.

kyle

I knew this would happen...they are gonna nickle and dime you to death. Btw, could you post a list of all the software you are using to make the cd, I guess I need to upgrade a few progs.

Thanks!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM back at ya.

kyle

I knew this would happen...they are gonna nickle and dime you to death. Btw, could you post a list of all the software you are using to make the cd, I guess I need to upgrade a few progs.

Thanks!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Well that all depends on what they are wanting.  Adobe Premiere, DVD Shrink, and whatever else I need to use to get the job done.  Not sure exactly how they are wanting it setup, so that will determine what programs Im going to use.  I have access to whatever I need, so I'll let ya know once I get started.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#10]
A while back, when I made the BookHound Bucks, I also wanted to 'grab' the video from O' Brother Where Art Thou when the guy say, 'Friend, your spending money has come unstowed' and post it in honor of, well, you know, but I just couldn'y find anything that would do it reasonably easy. I do have a few more progs but I haven't tried capturing scenes since then. If I can help, lemme know.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
there would need to be a lot of compression in order for it to be internet friendly, esp for dialup.  I will need a copy of some of the movies that i dont' have.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Apocalypse Now - the helos' attack
Predator - when the squad "thought" they got it
Terminator II - clearing the police away from the building
We Were Soldiers - helo attack, final scene
We Were Soldiers - "Broken Arrow"

I'll try to remember others...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#13]

The Shootout from Ronin.
breakin scene in the Matrix
blackhawk down
windtalkers

Is this enough scenes for the "film"?  How long are you planing on it being?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The Shootout from Ronin.
breakin scene in the Matrix
blackhawk down
windtalkers

Is this enough scenes for the "film"?  How long are you planing on it being?

That would be plenty.
We don't need to have a marathon movie, we will want to watch some comedies also.
Thanks again for doing this.
Let me know if there are any costs to you.

ARH
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
can someone help me out with some times for these scenes?  I'm running on a tight schedule with all my school stuff, so any help would be appreciated.  Ive alrady got the scene from the matrix done.  Going to do Blackhawk Down sometime tonight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Seriously doubt it will be finished in time for the shoot since no one gave me any time frames for the movies.  The next 2 days are busy for me so I don't have time to go through the movies and find good scenes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry that I couldn't help out, I have areally good reason, but I would rather not post it.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top