Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 6:58:13 PM EDT
a friend of mine sells guns there and told me as of yesterday all galyans in GA will no longer sell handguns. the reason he was given that the pistol sales portion of their ffl lapsed. my question is about the handguns portion of their ffl. i was under the impression that with a ffl one could sell both long guns and
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Dicks has DICKED them and us.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
yep. thats what i thought. since DICKS doesn't sell hand guns. i just don't see why he was given this load of BS.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I spoke to the Manager at the Kennesaw Galyan's. He did not mince words about Dick's Sporting Goods. He told me that the day that the buyout became official, they were told to remove all handguns from the case and put them in the gun safes in the back. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is the policy of Dick's Sporting Goods and now is the policy of Galyan's.

If anyone has ever been in a Dick's Sporting Goods, they will quickly see that it is nothing more than a glorified Sport's Authority.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
That fucking sucks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, I suck Dick's.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, there goes another sporting goods store that sells only "athletic" clothes and little else.  Too bad, since they actually had a decent selection of gun stuff.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
being from out of state i coundn't buy pistols there anyway, but i thought it was bullshit. basspro is really gonna clean up now. besides chucks whats another decent gunstore around that part of ATL.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

snip
If anyone has ever been in a Dick's Sporting Goods, they will quickly see that it is nothing more than a glorified Sport's Authority.

Not even a "Glorified" SA...They are the same.  Like Modells in the NE.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
being from out of state i coundn't buy pistols there anyway, but i thought it was bullshit. basspro is really gonna clean up now. besides chucks whats another decent gunstore around that part of ATL.

Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna and possibly a new place may be available called Polite Society. Stay tuned for those details.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, there goes another sporting goods store that sells only "athletic" clothes and little else.  Too bad, since they actually had a decent selection of gun stuff.  

I never saw ARs there and decided I would not do business with them a long time ago.  For the same reason, I don't patronize BassPro.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not so sure I would call Chucks "decent"  I went in there once and asked about buying an AR lower receiver...  I could hardly get over their response.  

They asked me,  "What are you going to use if for?"  My verbal response was "plinking"  but I really wanted to say, same dang thing you do with every other gun you sell.  Shoot the dang thing!!!  Then they told me no, they don’t sell lowers, just complete guns, for insurance reasons.  What kind of lame response is that?

[rant]
Also I try not to shop at gun stores that have signs banning the carry of weapons in the store.  It's kind of like saying "yeah we sell guns, but God forbid you used them for 'unsporting' purposes."
[/rant]

Someone please correct me if I am wrong about these guys.

On the other had I really enjoy American Classic Firearms, great clean place to shoot (never bought anything) and very helpful staff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
were you able to find anywhere around ATL that would sell just a lower. i've had a hard time finding any place that will sell a walk-in customer a lower anyway. evidently there's just no mark-up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Try Bullseye Shooters, or is it Bulls Eye Shooters in Lawrenceville.  Very shooter friendly.  You shouldn't have a problem in getting a lower from them.  They have a full auto rental range also.

jd1
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#17]
thanks jd1 i'll look in to stopping by there the next time i'm round ATL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I got fet up with Gaylans years ago. I was still a resident of Maryland and had recently purchased a rifle at Bass Pro Shops, so I knew that an MD resident could purchase a long arm in GA. Upon entering Galyans to purchase a rifle the (SOB) employee refused to do the background check, saying he could not sell me a gun in GA. Being only 18 I should have asked for the manager but I didn't, I just decided they would never get my buisness again. And yes I did tell the SOB that I had just purchased a rifle at BPS weeks before.

Justin
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#19]
If you were a Maryland resident,and not a student with a GA ID with a GA address,the guy at Bass Pro screwed up royaly!
As per GCA '68,as redident can purchase a long gun in a state whose borders touch his own,but not a handgun.The purchase must be legal in both states too!
If you were a temporary Ga redident,then every thing is cool.
But you will be surprised how many people don't know the ins and outs of the law,and so they err on the side of caution.Plus,since so many people working in all kinds of jobs are either idiots or just don't care,many companies will keep it as simple as possible!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna and possibly a new place may be available called Polite Society. Stay tuned for those details.

I'll give a big +1 to the up and coming Polite Society
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#22]
where's Polite Society gonna be. this sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
where's Polite Society gonna be. this sounds interesting.

I will let you know when Mr. Polite Society says it is OK to do so.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#25]
if you dont mind what kind of facilities will they have? gunstore only? range? rentals?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top