Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 6:30:44 PM EDT
Well, she ravaged central Ga. including the P806 palace.  I was awakened at 0130, Tuesday, to rain, the only problem was the rain was in my master bedroom.  Had quite a few shingles ripped up by either Frances or it's alter ego.  Lost electricity at 0200, and didn't get it back on until 8:30 tonight.  The wind also put down two of my huge oak's in my front yard and may of damaged my paved driveway, won't know until I start removing the behemoths.

Time for me to get the chainsaws sharpened.  Beeooootch!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, we got hammered.  Cell phone service just now came back up.  Neighbors houses dark except for those with generators.  Power co. line crews working 18 hour days.  What a mess.

Anyone know where I can get some oak firewood?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Brunswick was surprisingly storm/trouble free.   tree limbs and pine straw everywhere bout it.    i've got family around Douglas and Baxley they got it worse.   power off, dirt and paved roads closed , water in houses, cable and phone lines down because of trees falling.  most of the poor, rural counties have more dirt roads than paved and they are impassable right now, schools closed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Dang, I thought we had it bad without electricity for 24 hours.  We had sweetgum balls pelting the house the whole time, and they were so loud that they kept us awake.  Did you know that sweetgum balls are about the weight and size of golf balls before they dry up and turn brown??  I didn't.  We need to check out the roof before we get hit again.  I really hope Ivan goes somewhere else when it's done with Cuba....

Glad you're all right, though.  I need to get cooking.  2 weeks worth of meat defrosted, so I need to cook it all before it goes bad.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Cat,

If you are coming to the shoot, bring something for the grill, we will all help you and Geek dispose of that thawing stuff.

BTW, wallmart sells dry ice if it should happen again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of  rural Jasper Co. and area around the Piedmont NWR was out of power too. I did scouting yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Did we get a storm?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top