Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 11:05:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell I don't know what's going on.  I guess I'll find out if I'm part of the ten percent in the next few months.  However keep in mind I'm not the only Delta mech that's on here, There's two others that I personally know of.  With the pay cut though, I might take up a part time job with the Sheriff's dept, or Snellville cops.  I just have to find out how long the POST certifications take, and if I go part time, and sign a contract if they'll pay for schooling.

Monday is looking a lot better for some stress relief

OT though I never saw that you changed your sig line.  The new one is a little creepy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#2]
My father in law is scared for his job and he has been there for 18 years.  He has a lot of friends there too.  I  do have a question about the credit union.  I have all my money and loans there.  SO delta filing chapter 11 does that have an effect on DECU?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Delta if you ever need help I can find work for you at Griscoe field as an AP!  Let me know.  ITs no 747 but they do get some really nice Gulfstreams!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My father in law is scared for his job and he has been there for 18 years.  He has a lot of friends there too.  I  do have a question about the credit union.  I have all my money and loans there.  SO delta filing chapter 11 does that have an effect on DECU?

Credit Unions are Federally Insured, so you will be o.k.   The Credit Union likely a separate entity from the Airline too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey DeltaAir423 what is your hire date? I know I'm fine, same with Ken but I don't like having my pay cut, benefits cut and pay more for them
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just have to find out how long the POST certifications take, and if I go part time, and sign a contract if they'll pay for schooling.

I went through POST mandate earlier this year, it was 10 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey DeltaAir423 what is your hire date? I know I'm fine, same with Ken but I don't like having my pay cut, benefits cut and pay more for them

I'm 10/4/99.  If it's only 10% techops, I should be good by about 200 AMT's.  Anymore and I'm gone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I am abit deeper than Delta (nyk nyk),  I have a July 97 hire date.  I may not be on seconds come next year but aleast I should still have a job.  If I was in dept 206 righ now, I may be a bit worried.

I would not be suprised to see the TOC and what is left of the DFW hangar to be spun off to a seperate MTC corp, kinda like what Luftansa did.

Just my 2 cents.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I work for Gwinnett County PD but I have plenty of contacts with Snellville PD and the Gwinnett County S.O. if you want me to put you in contact with someone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I should be good to go, my hire date is 11/91, but nothing is secure around here. Hey I may have to go back to the hanger if they keep cutting. i don't beleive ths will be the only head cut though, I expect more next year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just have to find out how long the POST certifications take, and if I go part time, and sign a contract if they'll pay for schooling.

Whoa, 10 weeks!  It was 5 when I went through, feeling a bit old.  Delta If you need leather gear, let me know I have plenty.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a Machinist at Tech Ops. in the Engine shop Dept 300.
I'm number 3 from the Bottom on t he seniority list. healthAll that bull shit and the company still may not survive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa, 10 weeks!  It was 5 when I went through, feeling a bit old.  Delta If you need leather gear, let me know I have plenty.  

Yeah, some of our instructors kept telling us how it used to be shorter, but many said they would like to make it 12+ weeks
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa, 10 weeks!  It was 5 when I went through, feeling a bit old. Delta If you need leather gear, let me know I have plenty.  

Carefull, I've heard he likes that kind of stuff.  Recieveing that is
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I'll let ya'll know if I need anything.  I'm not going to jump right out and leave right away and sign up for the POST certification.  I'm just hoping it won't turn out to be like the horror stories I've heard about 7.5, where there was no warning for the AMT, they just showed up to work one day and then they were walked out to the lot by the boss so they could scrape their parking pass and take their ID.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#17]
now that is some fucked up shit.  Love love from a company that you bust your ass for to make them their yearly bonus.  Trust me they are not taking a pay cut, its the little guys that carry the load that gets fucked everytime!  

But again when shit hits the fan, they are the ones that are going to be scared to death as people take pot shots at them in their Lexus!  (I have a feeling its sooner than later)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top