Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 4:34:45 AM EDT
My brother and I are heading for the farm tomorrow.  We will check out the deer stands and see how the dove are doing.  Then it will be off to the draw and function test fire the P3AT.  I hope that it feeds everything without a hitch and is accurate to 15 yards.  I hope to test by firing:
1) 2 mags of 95gr FMJ WWB
2) 1 mag 102gr REM Golden Saber
3) 1 mag 90gr FED Personal Defense
4) 1 mag 90gr SPEER GoldDot
5) 1 mag 85gr WIN SilverTip
6) 1 mag 95gr WIN Personal Protection SXT
7) 1 mag 70gr Corbon Pow'RBall
8) Since everyone has made fun of it..........Drum roll.......
       380-90FJHP-20
380-90grNytrilium Fragmentable Jacketed Hollowpoint--1120fps 20 Round Box

from Extreme Shock
Hell, if they say it can take out +300lb pig........then I ought to be able to thunk a Georgia doe with no problems!

I also have the same round in .45ACP along with their .45ACP AIR FREEDOM ROUND.  That's for two other does..........we get 10 or 12 does this year along with only two atlered bucks.  So, it is 12 or 14 deer this season.

See ya tomorrow.  My only concern is the P3AT in function and accuracy.

Dave S
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
So ... How did it go?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I will ask for myself and others-What is a P3AT ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a .380 made by Kel-Tek.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So ... How did it go?

Hi Guy!

I survived it.  Got the Bushmaster A2 sighted in to perfection [ silly assed brother just CRANKED on the windage while packing up to head home on the last trip ] doing 1.25" off the tail gate of the truck.  I will remember that the rear is 5 clicks RIGHT and the front post is flush from now on.

The P3AT did OK.  I will get into a detailed run of distance, ammo, groups..........later.  Did shoot a few 5" groups of 7 rounds each at a measured 15 yards.......sloooooooooow fire.

Still don't have a 9-5'r, yet.  Got a ton of boards and cables to do for a few companies........so, I will have some money to give to the bambi butcher.

Dave S

nhsport, I'll let you guess which one is the P3AT.  
The one that is not the P3AT eats 7mm-08.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top