Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2004 6:16:13 PM EDT
anyone know of a dealer in GA who stocks OOW recievers. im looking to pick up a couple of AK recievers and id like to do it in-state and avoid the hassles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the guy at "The Gu n Shop" in Lilburn area carries them. Check gunbroker for them. He adverts as Ton80

Here you go- Doesn't say they're OOW, but he can tell you for sure.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22668255
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think the guy at "The Gu n Shop" in Lilburn area carries them. Check gunbroker for them. He adverts as Ton80

Here you go- Doesn't say they're OOW, but he can tell you for sure.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22668255

That's actually a Hesse receiver.  You definitely don't want that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, the Hesse/Vulcan  Receivers are good to go. I've built several on them and if you go into the AK forums you'll see that many others have as well. I think the problem with Hesse/Vulcan are the monkeys who assemble the completed rifles. Its a folded piece of sheet metal, at least they can get THAT right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually, the Hesse/Vulcan  Receivers are good to go. I've built several on them and if you go into the AK forums you'll see that many others have as well. I think the problem with Hesse/Vulcan are the monkeys who assemble the completed rifles. Its a folded piece of sheet metal, at least they can get THAT right.

My only concern would be that they are heat treated correctly.  There is a guy here locally (ATLGA) that had a Hungarian that was not heat treated properly and the rivets are wallowing out the holes in the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a couple from Brett at www.HeavyArmsLLC.com .
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I got an FFL in Forsyth that can receive them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Stay away from the Hesse/ Vulcan Reciever. I built an AK on it and ran into some problems. Hole locations were off, and you will have to do your own heatreating...especially the ejector.

I used a Global Trades 1.6 mm reciever for my last build.  As long as you are able to narrow your trunions you should not have any issues with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top