Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 4:25:43 PM EDT
I want to go into a store and buy a RRA buttstock wrench to have for my very own. The cheapo three prong six dollar one. I did not see one at the last gun show. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one.  Wanna borrow it?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

READING COMPREHENSION, ever heard of it?

Damn, I think I just made up my new sig line.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You two can't change your sig lines, or I'll have to change mine. See below.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You two can't change your sig lines, or I'll have to change mine. See below.
-Hobbit

Funny!!! Ok, I won't change it...yet.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

READING COMPREHENSION, ever heard of it?

Damn, I think I just made up my new sig line.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Reading is fundaMENTAL
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I need one too so I'm taggin this...

If I have to get off my butt and go get one I'll probably just use pliers

Let me know if you find a deal on them, I'm buyin too.

ETA

OOOH!

Here's one!

$7.00 shipping???

Straight from RRA only 6 bucks +shipping, will that work or do we need the $26.00 one?
I have a regualr A2 stock right now.

I know you wont be going into a store but this is more easier... maybe

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:53:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ETA

OOOH!

Here's one!

Straight from RRA only 6 bucks +shipping, will that work or do we need the $26.00 one?

Well, you guys all suck. Anyway, how much is shipping? Probably as much as the tool whereas tax would not be AND at a store I could fondle ther stuff. Will it get shipped in time for the end of the ban? I like the idea of the three 'pronged' one because the single pronged one will slip when I am using it and screw up the nut. If they will get here in time, you could order two and we could meet for lunch on day and settle up.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#9]
We really do need to plan a get together for sometime around the 13th.  I need some help and advice on how to install a FF tube and gas block.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

OOOH!

Here's one!

Well, you guys all suck. Anyway, how much is shipping? Probably as much as the tool whereas tax would not be AND at a store I could fondle ther stuff. Will it get shipped in time for the end of the ban? I like the idea of the three 'pronged' one because the single pronged one will slip when I am using it and screw up the nut. If they will get here in time, you could order two and we could meet for lunch on day and settle up.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Shipping was 7 bucks and I wrote them back telling them about courtesy and burning bridges and whatnot. Why don't they tell you what shipping is BEFORE you order? assclowns!

I hope to have it by next week and I'm calling off the 14th. to go play with my new and improved stuff!

btw, the cheapo one is the 3 pronged one, no? Is the one in the link above correct? Will it work on A2 and collapsible?

Settle up? Do I owe you something for something? If so rochambeau me when you see me again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
badeffect10, what kind of free-float tube and gas block you need to install?  I might be able to help you, if you need some assistance.  Feel free to e-mail me if you want.          

Byte (and others), don’t be a cheap ass.  Get the wrench with the three prongs.  Much better to use it as you can get a better grip on the castle nut, IMHO.

I understand wanting to own one of these wrenches, especially if you’ll be building more ARs or changing things.  If someone just needs to borrow my wrench, let me know.

Thanks Bookhound.  i have a M4gery upper that has the standard plastic handguards on it. It also has the iron site gas block.  I have a DPMS CAR lenght Alum. FF tube that I want to put on and a 4rail weaver gas block.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]
How about we just make a group order from ADCO?  I'm in need of a CAR stock and a LULA, so if I tossed that into the order, the shipping is still going to be $4.  Anyone interested?  

Or you can go see Smokey Joe's.  They'll probably have one.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

OOOH!

Here's one!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Shipping was 7 bucks and I wrote them back telling them about courtesy and burning bridges and whatnot. Why don't they tell you what shipping is BEFORE you order? assclowns!

I hope to have it by next week and I'm calling off the 14th. to go play with my new and improved stuff!

btw, the cheapo one is the 3 pronged one, no? Is the one in the link above correct? Will it work on A2 and collapsible?

Settle up? Do I owe you something for something? If so rochambeau me when you see me again.

Yep, the thre prong is the cheapo one,  BookHound has his head up his ass as usual.

Did you get two?!? hmmmm.

Tues the 14th, *cough, cough*, I think I am feeling a sickness coming on.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This has been beat to death in other forums, but the guy with his head up his ass wants to point out the ban sunsets at 12:00 AM September 13.  That is Sunday at midnight.  

HEY!! If YOU had any READING COMPREHENSION you would have seen this:

Quoted:

The cheapo three prong six dollar one.

And not posted this:

Originally Posted By Book(headupmyass)Hound:
Byte (and others), don’t be a cheap ass. Get the wrench with the three prongs. Much better to use it as you can get a better grip on the castle nut, IMHO.

I was going by what some other loser(no offense, gilfrd) posted for the date of the damn sunset. I READ and COMPREHENDED what he posted, though it was wrong, I didn't correct him. Sheesh, calendar Nazi's. Maybe we just want to take Tuesday off, ever think of that?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]
ByteTheBullet...are you sure you don't want to borrow this?

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuckers...the both of you!!! I will end up using my vise and  ball peen hammer and strip the nut so that my butt stock won't stay tight on the screw, then I will beat you over the head with it.

Uh, I'll be in my bunk.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Dude, just pull out the dremel and make one, you lazy bum

I mean, how hard can it be?  Do I have to do everything around here?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fuckers...the both of you!!! I will end up using my vise and  ball peen hammer and strip the nut so that my butt stock won't stay tight on the screw, then I will beat you over the head with it.

Uh, I'll be in my bunk.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Would you like me to swing by The Gun Shop tomorrow and see if he has one?  I work about 5 miles from the place.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#24]
See, this was a serious thread with a simple question. I was hoping to go to a local gun shop, probably one I haven't been to before, and buy a gun accessory. I would appreciate it, Bradd_D, if you'd check at that gun shop. I am not sure if gilfrd bought two and will sell me one.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Uh, I'll be in my bunk.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Note to self.  Does not play well with others.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, I'll be in my bunk.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Note to self.  Does not play well with others.

WHAT?!? Do you think this is some sort of GAME?!?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Did you buy that wrench yet, or are you still whining about it?  

And where would I be getting one from? Hmm, my post count sure is benefitting from this thread!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Did you buy that wrench yet, or are you still whining about it?  

You know, I used mine last night to take my stock off and put it back on just for the hell of it.

And I did it in honor of BTB.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I called The Gun Shop.  (They quoted me $109 for the stripped RRA lowers, BTW.)  No wrenches.  You might be better off just ordering one.  The offer still stands to borrow mine, if you want, until you can buy one.

They've gone up a little bit haven't they?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Weird, a couple of weeks back when ATLGA and I went, they charged us $99 each.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Whoa, whoa!! No thread jaking aloud!!! I will have to tell the Moderator...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#34]
He's just like a cop......never around when you need one!!!

Edit: This is the first time I have ever been involved in a thread jaking.  I've done some thread jacking before though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey Byte, I'm asking about ordering 2... waiting for reply from RRA.

This is what I got so far

"Hi Gilfrd,

I got your message and your wrench is still on order.  

Most companies in our industry have a similar shipping chart.  We just do a break down based on the UPS charges.  I do orders all the time for less than the seven dollar shipping charge.  In a lot of cases they need it that bad and they don't care or they will call and add something to it.  

I do agree that you should see the shipping before you check out on the website.  So  after I read your email yesterday I went online and placed an order myself so I could see what you see.  I contacted our web master immediately and he is working on putting our shipping on there somehow.  If something like this is brought to our attention, we are more than happy to try to fix the problem.  So if you do place an order on our website again, you should have some idea of what you will be paying for shipping and handling when you order.  

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You,
Amber, inside sales
1042 Cleveland Rd.
Colona, IL 61241
309-792-5780  ext. 133
309-792-5781  fax"

Ok, I just called them as opposed to waiting on them.

Amber said that my order is already boxed up but she is going to see if they can get another wrench in the box before it ships... to me it didn't sound like she was even going to try but we shall see.

If I get both one is yours, Byte.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why are you ordering from RRA directly?  Call Kednra at [http://www.eaglefirearms.net]Eagle Firearms and ask if they have the wrenches.  Their shipping will be cheaper.

All right Mr. Too Little Too Late, whatever.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

p.s. learn the frickin' board code, Mr. Programmer Dude.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Edit: This is the first time I have ever been involved in a thread jaking.  I've done some thread jacking before though.

And you wonder why I don't play well with others. I was speed typing, yeah, that's the ticket.

oh, make sure you introduce yourself at the next shoot we both attend...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you wonder why I don't play well with others. I was speed typing, yeah, that's the ticket.

oh, make sure you introduce yourself at the next shoot we both attend...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Ease up buddy.  I've been joking this whole time.  I didn't realize you were taking offense to it. I'm sorry if you did. I thought it was just some good natured ribbing.  I think we might of met already.  Were you at the FOB shoot? Are you planning something if we do meet at the next one?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Hope so, I didn't get a "joking" smiley in there anywhere. I try not to piss off any of the locals.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Hope so, I didn't get a "joking" smiley in there anywhere. I try not to piss off any of the locals.

As long as he doesn't send you an IM with a picture of "tub girl" in it,you're okay!

At least I think he was the one who sent that when we got into a p!!!ing match!Whoever it was,I'm still having nightmares about that one.It is one of those things you wish you could "unsee"!

Robert.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, I have been laffing my ass off on this thread...I have been baiting some of the usual smart asses but they don't seem to be taking the reins. The devil smiley above is different than the one when composing a reply, hmmm.

I have been ribbing BookHound a bit more than usual for some reason. Thanks for the compliment!

badeffect10: I haven't been to an FOB shoot, but I have been to a few FOP shoots!! Gotcha!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as he doesn't send you an IM with a picture of "tub girl" in it,you're okay!

At least I think he was the one who sent that when we got into a p!!!ing match!Whoever it was,I'm still having nightmares about that one.It is one of those things you wish you could "unsee"!

Robert.

Nope, not me, sorry...sounds like something I wouldn't want to see either!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yeah, I have been laffing my ass off on this thread...I have been baiting some of the usual smart asses but they don't seem to be taking the reins. The devil smiley above is different than the one when composing a reply, hmmm.

I have been ribbing BookHound a bit more than usual for some reason. Thanks for the compliment!

badeffect10: I haven't been to an FOB shoot, but I have been to a few FOP shoots!! Gotcha!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Damn'it!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Cool, and by cool I mean really sweet!!

Sounds like a typical Helpdesk,
"just click on the close button...
there is no close button...
yes there is, just click it...
Nope, no close button...
What buttons do you see...
There is an OK button and a cancel button...
Oh, right, you have a different version than me, click the OK button(thinks to self, moron)...
Ok(thinks to self, idiot)...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, and by cool I mean really sweet!!

Sounds like a typical Helpdesk,
"just click on the close button...
there is no close button...
yes there is, just click it...
Nope, no close button...
What buttons do you see...
There is an OK button and a cancel button...
Oh, right, you have a different version than me, click the OK button(thinks to self, moron)...
Ok(thinks to self, idiot)...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Typical Helpdesk actually sounds more like this:
"Double click on My Computer"
"how can I click on your computer?"
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Sorry, at least they tried!!

Here's RRA's reply;

"Hi Gilfrd,

I tried to get one added, but the box must be at the bottom of the pile back there.  It was not visible to us.
Sorry again!

Thank You,
Amber, inside sales
1042 Cleveland Rd.
Colona, IL 61241
309-792-5780  ext. 133
309-792-5781  fax"

Seems like lots of effort was applied in trying to locate my shipment... NOT!

I guess it MUST be at the bottom since apparently it wasn't the one right on top! ho! Oh, don't look past the ones on top, that would require you actually doing something besides looking into a bin and saying 'nope, must be on the bottom'. I'll tell you what, work ehtic in this country just sucks.

but it is Friday and hopefully I'll hear something back from my 3 mesages at Denny's and the two at ADCO to get my barrel threaded, I guess I"m the only one in this situation. Seems no one else is having a problem with getting their posties theraded, how peculiar

TGIF fellers!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:55:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
ByteTheBullet...are you sure you don't want to borrow this?

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/805704/Wrench2.jpg

Byte I have one you can borrow too!

Scot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top