Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:18:01 PM EDT
I need to know how many are going to  the shoot on the private property out in Walton County on Sept 11.  Once I know how many, I will post directions, mainly because I don't have them with me at the moment.

I figure we can meet around 1000 at the little country store that is about 2 miles from the property.  My friend says they have pretty good biscuit sandwiches.

Also, where is the nearest Hooters?

Basically, you will go out US78 eastbound until right after Monroe and look for GA 82, I believe.  As I said, I will try to post specific directions in the next day or so.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't make it.  Family is comming down for a visit that weekend.  

Damn.

Buzz
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can't make it.  Family is comming down for a visit that weekend.  

Damn.

Buzz

That is no excuse.  Bring them out to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Im going to probaly be at the gunshow myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Im going to probaly be at the gunshow myself.

You can go to the show on Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:54:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just think, that will be the last day of the ban.  It will sunset at midnight that night (correct?).

Not by my calendar.  I have a September 13th on it, right after September 12th and before September 14th.

Edit: Cool, just now noticed that I'm no longer a member with benefits!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Me and catasomething are gonna try to make it.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
i'd like to come, might have one of my Marine buddies in tow.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
This is distance shooting right. Slow fire, precision stuff, correct?

I am going to try. Would like to put the PSS through some paces. Still waiting to hear about dates for an upcoming trip though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Does  anyone have a link to the original thread on the shoot. I am interested but would like to know about distances, targets, etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't mind going, but i'll be at the gun show in the morning, then on to atlanta (will be with the wife).

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I wouldn't mind going, but i'll be at the gun show in the morning, then on to atlanta (will be with the wife).

The thread about the Sept 11 shoot
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is distance shooting right. Slow fire, precision stuff, correct?

I am going to try. Would like to put the PSS through some paces. Still waiting to hear about dates for an upcoming trip though.

Yes, it is.  I am not even going to bring my carbines, just my AR10s, maybe the Garand, and my M15A2 rifle.  I might bring the AR180s, just for giggles and grins.

The 110FP might not get to come.  Right now it is in the shop.  For some reason, the BSA scope I had on it was the only scope I have tried that had enough windage adj to zero it.  Apparently, it got dropped sometime and the thing is shooting to the left.  It may wind up back at Savage, but it is something that has happened to it recently, but I have no idea when.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#14]
That shoot looks like a lot of fun.  I have some concerns, mainly riccocets.

Large 30 cal hitting a gravel road is likely to have riccocets impact a mile away as far as 30 degrees off the original trajectory.  Has any one pulled up the site on Terraserver to see what is down range?

It has been a long time, but I still remember seeing where tracers ended up after hitting a target at Camp Lejeune (rockin and rollin M60)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there .  Will bring my own chinese target holder
His name is "Miss"
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I've not counted myself out just yet. If I do come, I'll bring my suppressed 10FP and my 16" AR precision carbine. (If I get some rings by then)
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I can't come due to a little disease called work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Update for me - I can't make it for work related reasons.  If something changes, I'll let you know.  

You really need to quit your job, dude.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Update for me - I can't make it for work related reasons.  If something changes, I'll let you know.  

Sheesh.  I am working 2100 to 0600 right now and I am taking Friday the 10th off so I won't be dragging.  Come on man, you got to do better than that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:09:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope I have something to shoot!

I'm calling Dave's today to see when he can fit me into his schedule for a barrel threading... if it is before the 11th, I cant make it due to legal reasons plus I don't think my AK will make it out to 500 yds .

If my appt to thread is after the 11th, I'm in!!

Got my collapsable stock and FS 'somewhere' , I'm getting all keyed up for this AWB sunset deal!!

To lug or not to lug... that is the question...

I'll toss some $$ in for ammo if someone will let me shoot their .308. I've got some money coming in from an inheritance that I plan on using for a  REMINGTON 700.... the wife says she wants the rest of it which is fine by me!

I can also play cook and/or bring just about anything including a steel plate to shoot at, I have a pickup so I could bring a grill too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#23]
i might call SWFA and get a rush order on a super sniper so i can scope my PSS in time. im really looking forward ot this
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Okay, here are the directions.

You need to get on US 78 eastbound on the eastern side of Atlanta.  Depending on where you are, you can pick it up off I 285 near Tucker or Clarkston.

Proceed east on 78.  Once you pass GA hwy 11, about 3 miles further will be hwy 83 (Unisia Drive, but the hwy 83 sign is the most prominent).  Go north (right if eastbound, left if westbound).  Follow it to the end (about 1 mile) to a T intersection.  Go left approx 5 miles into Good Hope.  At the intersection of of this road and hwy 186, there is a country store on the right.  They have biscuits and other food, so if anyone wants to wait, you can grab a bite there.

The property is about 2 miles from there.  We should all gather at the country store around 1000.

If that time is not good, speak up and we can come up with a time that is good for all.

Can anyone get hold of a big "DO NOT ENTER" sign that we can hang on the gate once we close it?

Any questions about the directions?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I hope I have something to shoot!

I'm calling Dave's today to see when he can fit me into his schedule for a barrel threading... if it is before the 11th, I cant make it due to legal reasons plus I don't think my AK will make it out to 500 yds .

If my appt to thread is after the 11th, I'm in!!

Got my collapsable stock and FS 'somewhere' , I'm getting all keyed up for this AWB sunset deal!!

To lug or not to lug... that is the question...

I'll toss some $$ in for ammo if someone will let me shoot their .308. I've got some money coming in from an inheritance that I plan on using for a  REMINGTON 700.... the wife says she wants the rest of it which is fine by me!

I can also play cook and/or bring just about anything including a steel plate to shoot at, I have a pickup so I could bring a grill too.

I am overnighting my stuff to ArmaLite on Monday the 13th, so you can wait, dammit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Can anyone bring tables and other stuff for shooting off of?

Also, any ideas on food?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Its a no go for me.  I don't even have anything that will reach out and touch someone  Looks like I'm going to have to get an AR-10...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Its a no go for me.  I don't even have anything that will reach out and touch someone  Looks like I'm going to have to get an AR-10...

Why don't you just make one out of some wood and nylon strapping?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey, I resemble that remark
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'll let you shoot one of me 3 AR10s.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I figured the shooting would be prone and slings/bipods.  Gonna be shootin tables also?  That is too easy.

Food:  how about some deli subs from someplace like publix?  

Anyone know the standard bull diameter at 300 & 500 yds?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I figured the shooting would be prone and slings/bipods.  Gonna be shootin tables also?  That is too easy.

Food:  how about some deli subs from someplace like publix?  

Anyone know the standard bull diameter at 300 & 500 yds?

I am too old and fat for prone!

The deli stuff sounds good.  Someone mentioned a while back about bringing a grill.

Hey everyone, we need to plan this as far as shooting tables and eats go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:32:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I will come, provide that I don't have guests on that day, and it's not raining.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I will come, provide that I don't have guests on that day, and it's not raining.

Bring the guests if it is not raining.

If it is raining, especially like today, I don't think many of us will be there.  Ivan is following up behind Frances, so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#35]
yeah larry, ill bring my smokey joe mini-kettle and some burgers and dogs!!!!!

im trying like hell to get a scope on my new PSS in time for this. what are we doing for targets?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

im trying like hell to get a scope on my new PSS in time for this. what are we doing for targets?

I have a couple of stands and will get some targets this week.  If anyone else could bring some, it would be appreciated.  I was thinking about some melons and stuff, but I don't know if he would appreciate it.  I will give him a call.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a couple of stands and will get some targets this week.  If anyone else could bring some, it would be appreciated.  I was thinking about some melons and stuff, but I don't know if he would appreciate it.  I will give him a call.

Blasted melons = Yellow Jackets,and not the kind with slide rules!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#38]
HA!

I hope I can make it!!! it's on the calendar!

bump da bump
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#39]
I am bringing some bottled water, cooler and some ice.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#40]
looks like i might not hav my PSS done in time. SWFA is out of stock on Badger rails and leupold Mk4 Rails....   making the trip to bass pro tonight if i want to shoot ill have to lower my standards.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#41]
howabout them directions larry???
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Okay, here are the directions.

You need to get on US 78 eastbound on the eastern side of Atlanta.  Depending on where you are, you can pick it up off I 285 near Tucker or Clarkston.

Proceed east on 78.  Once you pass GA hwy 11, about 3 miles further will be hwy 83 (Unisia Drive, but the hwy 83 sign is the most prominent).  Go north (right if eastbound, left if westbound).  Follow it to the end (about 1 mile) to a T intersection.  Go left approx 5 miles into Good Hope.  At the intersection of of this road and hwy 186, there is a country store on the right.  They have biscuits and other food, so if anyone wants to wait, you can grab a bite there.

The property is about 2 miles from there.  We should all gather at the country store around 1000.

If that time is not good, speak up and we can come up with a time that is good for all.

Can anyone get hold of a big "DO NOT ENTER" sign that we can hang on the gate once we close it?

Any questions about the directions?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#43]
thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
looks like i might not hav my PSS done in time. SWFA is out of stock on Badger rails and leupold Mk4 Rails....   making the trip to bass pro tonight if i want to shoot ill have to lower my standards.

I have a BSA Contender scope that is available if you would be interested.  If so, I can bring it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Guys im late to the game here. I hope to show up in the morning. Hope that OK. 500 yds to to good to turn down......... Later WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey Larry, should we plan on picking stuff up at that mini-mart for lunch?

Like I said, I have a case of bottled water, and Ice so we don't dehydrate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Guys I didn't want to say I could make it till the last minuet because of my schedule right now..So I thought I was safe to post I would be coming... Well I got a call from my Realastate Agent at 9:45PM  to tell me that a interested buyer wants to meet with me and me walk him on the property line (11 Acres )  at 10:00AM . Talking about busting my happy little bubble. I had my M14, Garand , and FR8 all packed and headed for bed. Well I will try to get to the CE shoot Monday. :(   WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hey Larry, should we plan on picking stuff up at that mini-mart for lunch?

Like I said, I have a case of bottled water, and Ice so we don't dehydrate.

Yeah, that sounds good.  I am bringing a cooler and that store sounds like a good place to get ice and drinks and maybe some food.  I am told they have biscuits for breakfast if anyone wants to get there a few minutes early.  I am gonna pick something up in Winder on the way for breakfast, but I will pick up ice and drinks at that store.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#49]
nevermind
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#50]
i made a wrong turn at the "T" went about 5 miles out of my way before i turned around and got on the right track. i made it to the country store at 10:05  not one second later than 10:05 and everyone was GONE!!!!!!

had a super-sniper shipped overnight from SWFA

i had loopy Mk 4 rings/base shipped overnight

i bought hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, condiments, charcoal, targets, a steel gong and 2 cases of soda.

and i got left behind for being 5 minutes late. you guys are harsh.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top