Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 12:21:25 PM EDT
This is GA's second gator season and I was lucky enough to be one 250 out of aprox. 2500 applicants that was drawn for a  GA hunt. This will be my 1st time hunting gators and my well be my last since you must be drawn for a hunt. Wish me luck!!!!

TD
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Luck, hope you have fun. I have applied to, but still have not been drawn. Well maybe next year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are interested in going along on my hunt we might be able to work something out. You should gain some good experience even if I don't score. You'll need to purchase a$50.00 license to assist on the hunt....

I wish I could have went along with somebody last year. I'd feel much better about me odds this year. Do you already have a bang stick ect????

Let me know

TD
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Mmmmmm, gator tail!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The restrictions as I've read them are minium length of 48" and you must secure the gator with a harpoon, hook or something prior to dispatching it. This prevents people from loosing gators after they are shot. I'm approved for Atkinson, Clinch, Coffee & Echols Cos. and I habe ZERO knowledge of this area. It was my 3rd and last choice to hunt.

TD
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I signed up too, but no word yet-a rejection increases your odds next year.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you are interested in going along on my hunt we might be able to work something out. You should gain some good experience even if I don't score. You'll need to purchase a$50.00 license to assist on the hunt....

I wish I could have went along with somebody last year. I'd feel much better about me odds this year. Do you already have a bang stick ect????

Let me know

TD

Thanks for the offer.  Wish I had the time, but since I didn't get drawn will be bowhunting instead. Best of luck to you, there's some big ol'gators in the river around here, see them all the time fishing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top